Seriously need your views... Watch

*starry_eyed_*
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
All I seem to do on here is moan

My dilemma is that having just graduated from uni in July, I am still unemployed. Have sent my cv to over 300 places, have had 2interviews (both said I didn't have the confidence needed for the job :mad: ) and only have retail experience so no one appears to want me...

Just had a phone call from a shop thats opening soon, its described as "offering high quality and affordable gallery products from gifts and greeting cards. Framing and mounting service also available. " Part of me thinks this is maybe one of those stalls in the middle of shopping centres?

Anway...they asked me to meet them for a chat on wednesday, not a proper interview. Its for a part time sales assistant position. As much as I'd like a job right now, my stomach is tied up in knots with the fact that after graduating the only place I can get a job is in a place that says they don't car if you have retail experience...

Would it be so wrong to not go? I know I've spent all my time moaning about not having a job but this seems pathetic. It'll be low pay, I'll be forking out on train travel to work for no more that 10hours a week...please help me out here...I feel like crying...
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How much would you be making in profit per week?
*starry_eyed_*
Rep:
?
I haven't found out yet...but I'm estimating I'll spend £20 on travel a week, mininmum wage for 21yr olds is £4.77, so if I'm doing 10hours a week I'd be spending more than I'm earning?
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh dear. Then definitely not worth it, as you've probably worked out.
Even if you WERE making small profit, your time could likely be better spent searching for a full-time (ideally salaried) job, either in your local area, or further afield if you're willing to relocate.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
I haven't found out yet...but I'm estimating I'll spend £20 on travel a week, mininmum wage for 21yr olds is £4.77, so if I'm doing 10hours a week I'd be spending more than I'm earning?
£50 is less than £20?

And you'd still get to be on JSA.
*starry_eyed_*
Rep:
?
Problem has been sovled- phoned up the woman to say I've been offered a job somewhere else- and I have...my dad's company
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.47%
No - but I will (88)
7.63%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.05%

Watched Threads