Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What did you think fo the paper? I thought it was quite accessible. I didn't know what to write for reason that W- was used

discuss...

ReputationRep:
    it was a weak exchange particle because strangeness was not conserved (or because of the change in type/flavour of quarks.
    it had to be W- because it transferred negative charge. the s quark had to had a charge of -1/3 because it was with 2 other u quarks (charge +2/3) in a one positive baryon.the product of that decay were a u bar (Q=-2/3) and a d quark (Q=-1/3).
    did the paper ask for the binding energy PER NUCLEON or just the binding energy. i have a feeling that it was the binding energy per nucleon, but i must have been careless in reading the question and calculated the binding energy.

ReputationRep:
    just binding energy

ReputationRep:
    Particle Physics was damn easy.....its a shame i forgot the forces in the nucleas....i had to make things up!!

ReputationRep:
    i only knew 1 [strong nuclear force] range 10^-14m, does not effect electrons. Then i said weak nuclear force for next 1 and made the range up, im thinking i should of put electromagnetic. I thought this paper was average [not easy not hard in terms of particle physics], not hard to get 100% though.

ReputationRep:
    i know... its was OK... i did some DUMB mistakes.. still.. the paper went well... usually.. i think particle papers r more easier... hmmmmmmmm.. lets c... do u know the A mark for usuall papers. i think its some where around 24 or 25..
    ............ hmm.. im still so depressed .. could have done a lot better..

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 10, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.