Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    119, i blame it on my over stimulated mind, and a certain physics exam before... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    reckon the IQ changes thru out the day like when u r feeling ur best n when u r most active n stuff like tht

ReputationRep:
    110 for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StyleLover)
    reckon the IQ changes thru out the day like when u r feeling ur best n when u r most active n stuff like tht
    It does indeed.... try taking one at night time...

ReputationRep:
    118. I also cannot do anagrams, still that's part of an IQ test so I guess it's pretty representitive of my IQ.

ReputationRep:
    duh i attempted first 8 question n got bored i hate such looong boring quizzes, got my IQ as 60

ReputationRep:
    140 - Whoohoo! Although I think Im worse at maths than the test gave me credit for.....

ReputationRep:
    126... that test did seem way harder than most.

ReputationRep:
    These aren't real IQ tests. Furthermore, even "real" IQ tests are no indicator of intelligence; like today's exams, they do not test your aptitude or intelligence, just your ability to do the test. You are better off using your vocabulary range as a yardstick by which to measure intelligence!

ReputationRep:
    i got 132

ReputationRep:
    I got 130 on the first test the nation IQ thing, and then 171 on an internet one, which was way too lenient!

ReputationRep:
    they do not test your aptitude or intelligence, just your ability to do the test
    I'm not saying that these online tests are actually accurate at all - but surely a persons intelligence and aptitude is a key factor in their ability to do the test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syntax)
    I'm not saying that these online tests are actually accurate at all - but surely a persons intelligence and aptitude is a key factor in their ability to do the test?
    Not really. At all. It only shows how well you can answer those questions - and that is not necessarily intelligence. It's like GCSE and 11+ exams today; they do not test your knowledge of the content or ability to reason, they only test your exam technique i.e. your ability to answer those questions. Most of my colleagues cannot and could never speak a full sentence of french that they hadn't simply crammed and yet achieved A* grades. Furthermore, IQ tests tend to have cultural bias, and are unable to test the intelligence of people who may have the capacity to be brilliant, but the questions are simply alien to then. I can try to find more information on IQ tests and intelligence in general if you like. It is also necessary to consider what precisely intelligence is. You don't need to be intelligent for example, to get 10 A*s for GCSE.

ReputationRep:

You guys are gonna start and take the piss.

ReputationRep:
    Blah, I hate internet IQ tests, i've had from 80 - 140 depending on the test. :rolleyes:
    One gave me 165 and the asked for me to buy a certificate, i think that one was a scam

ReputationRep:
    132, but I am watching the Simpsons and couldn't be bothered with the mathsy ones =)

ReputationRep:
    139 - I'm not that clever, I'm really not.

ReputationRep:
    Your age adjusted IQ score is 116.
    Ah well, not too bad for an old person like myself :rolleyes:

Your General knowledge score is 100
    That's right, I know everything about nothing in particular :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiron)
    Not really. At all. It only shows how well you can answer those questions - and that is not necessarily intelligence. It's like GCSE and 11+ exams today; they do not test your knowledge of the content or ability to reason, they only test your exam technique i.e. your ability to answer those questions. Most of my colleagues cannot and could never speak a full sentence of french that they hadn't simply crammed and yet achieved A* grades. Furthermore, IQ tests tend to have cultural bias, and are unable to test the intelligence of people who may have the capacity to be brilliant, but the questions are simply alien to then. I can try to find more information on IQ tests and intelligence in general if you like. It is also necessary to consider what precisely intelligence is. You don't need to be intelligent for example, to get 10 A*s for GCSE.
    I still think that if someone is quick at seeing the odd shape out of four, or can figure out those logical "an Asian is to China as a..." type questions then they are quite likely to be more intelligent than someone who cannot work out how to do the questions. Although admittedly, once you've done a few IQ tests they get a bit predictable so results improve?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.