Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to know how 3 numbers can represent such a complex process... There are so many factors affecting performance that a single value would not be valid. Does IQ really represent the measurement of the 'raw ability' in terms of biological processes, or does it also involve situational (nurture) factors?

Which is why i beleive IQ measurements are meaningless..

ReputationRep:
    116, and i thought i'd done quite well, seeing everybody elses scores apparently not

ReputationRep:

Aitch

ReputationRep:
    I got 118 which was higher than 88% of the other people who took the test apperently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    I got halfway through it and gave up.

Besides, i've got work in a minute anyway :p:
    is it too obvious to make a blonde joke right now? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    I'm just interested in knowing peoples IQ levels, as I tried the test below earlier. It turns out I'm just average (IQ 100 exactly).

If you're not sure what yours is, try this:
    http://www.intelligencetest.com/
    Same as me phone numba! *pouts*

ReputationRep:
    130 =/

....I got a 152 once

ReputationRep:
    Every IQ test I take gives me a different answer, somewhere between 140 and 200 which I think is quite good.

ReputationRep:

I don't even have the intelligence to work out why the score out of 100 is different to the percentage out of 100! It's really annoying me - anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    146 - go me :albertein

ReputationRep:
    141 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    I'm just interested in knowing peoples IQ levels, as I tried the test below earlier. It turns out I'm just average (IQ 100 exactly).

If you're not sure what yours is, try this:
    http://www.intelligencetest.com/

i got 104 on that site. usually get higher, about 117 but i must be getting stupidererer :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I think that takes time into consideration, ie the faster you do it the higher you score, which isn't really an IQ test.

@ the person who says there IQ is between 140-200, no offence but you're IQ is nowhere near 200 (in actual IQ terms) anything above 160 is bloody high on a proper test.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, I didn't realise there was a timer and I spent most the time looking on another website, so I only completed half of the test.

I scraped 100 because of this, however, I know that my I.Q. was something in the region of 140 when I took one for an entrance test to get into my current school.

Personally, I think I.Q. tests are inaccurate and useless.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the questions are ridiculous. "which is the odd one out?" That number doesn't have a 4 in it! Odd one out odd one out! What a pile of *******s. Guess which area was my worst

126, supposedly. I'd say the top 15% is about right, but not the top 5%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KdySk8rGirl)
    Every IQ test I take gives me a different answer, somewhere between 140 and 200 which I think is quite good.
    That would make you a genius.

If you get 200, then it's wrong. Unless you think you're more intelligent than some of the most prominent scientists this world has ever produced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePenguinMafia)
    That would make you a genius.

If you get 200, then it's wrong. Unless you think you're more intelligent than some of the most prominent scientists this world has ever produced.
    That would make her the most intelligent person ever, apparantly. But then, this isn't a proper I.Q. test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    But then, this isn't a proper I.Q. test.
    Nor that her actual result :cool:

Not that I'm a cynic.

ReputationRep:

I once got full marks and 160 on an awful test which was based entirely on mathematical questions.

ReputationRep:
    I think this test may be a little better - http://www.highiqsociety.org/

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.