Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    aye i got all the questions right, and got 140

its dependant on your age, i did it again saying i was 12, and i got 158

whack test

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amo1)
    I couldn't sleep and did this test. Got 120 and it told me Maths was my weak point :confused: Maths has always been my strong point... Anyway maybe the fact it's past 5am has something to do with all this. Time for bed!

People who got more than 140 or even 130: I'm truly impressed. Either you're big fat liars or you're among the top percentile of the population. That's quite an achievement. Although you can question the validity of the final score: every test has a different distribution as they explain at the end. Some tests are made so that 10% of the population will have over 130, some are made so only 1% will have over 130... if you catch my drift.

Anyway they clearly tell you what percentage of the population got a lower/higher mark than you. So plenty of phenomenally clever people here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Anyway they clearly tell you what percentage of the population got a lower/higher mark than you. So plenty of phenomenally clever people here...
    These tests are just there to sell you the diploma. You really don't need to be smart to get a high score in them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    These tests are just there to sell you the diploma. You really don't need to be smart to get a high score in them.
    Not sure if I'd agree you don't need to be smart. I would however agree that getting a high score doesn't mean you can claim to be smart full stop.
    You certainly need to be "smart" in a certain area. IQ tests evaluate your analytical abilities (but that's about it) so if you don't have much of a quick analytical mind then it's unlikely you'll score high. For example chess players will usually score very high, but chess players aren't necessarily good at making a speech or fixing a car.

Today, most experts no longer trust IQ tests to determine if a person is intelligent. The new, hip thing are "EQ tests" which are basically emotional intelligence tests. They believe that these have more influence on success in life, and how much people around you will perceive you as being "intelligent".

I think this test may be a little better - http://www.highiqsociety.org/
    Tried that one out. It's very different and not timed and all those geometrical figures gave me a headache. I think I only managed one of the geometrical figure problems. But hey, I scored a lot higher on this one and I can now join the International High IQ Society (alternatively named the International ***** society)

ReputationRep:
    "You're lucky IQ scores can only be positive. Go sell lemonade to make yourself usefull in this world."

Is this good?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if I'd agree you don't need to be smart. I would however agree that getting a high score doesn't mean you can claim to be smart full stop.
    You certainly need to be "smart" in a certain area. IQ tests evaluate your analytical abilities (but that's about it) so if you don't have much of a quick analytical mind then it's unlikely you'll score high. For example chess players will usually score very high, but chess players aren't necessarily good at making a speech or fixing a car.

Today, most experts no longer trust IQ tests to determine if a person is intelligent. The new, hip thing are "EQ tests" which are basically emotional intelligence tests. They believe that these have more influence on success in life, and how much people around you will perceive you as being "intelligent".

Tried that one out. It's very different and not timed and all those geometrical figures gave me a headache. I think I only managed one of the geometrical figure problems. But hey, I scored a lot higher on this one and I can now join the International High IQ Society (alternatively named the International ***** society)
    Sorry, the website looked more authentic. I never actually tried that one.

www.iqtest.com - that is a complete and utter joke, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Sorry, the website looked more authentic. I never actually tried that one.

www.iqtest.com - that is a complete and utter joke, though.
    I fell for it once :rolleyes:

You should try the high iq thing but it's a lot tougher than the other one.

ReputationRep:
    I'll do so later. I've not been to sleep yet and I fear I'll get "You scored 32. You are in the bottom 0.00001%. We are surprised you can actually read the questions, let alone hold the mouse. Now, please buy our diploma for only $34.99 - you are gauranteed employment, top psychologists were paid to say our test is great!".

I got 180 on iqtest.com, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    I'll do so later. I've not been to sleep yet and I fear I'll get "You scored 32. You are in the bottom 0.00001%. We are surprised you can actually read the questions, let alone hold the mouse. Now, please buy our diploma for only $34.99 - you are gauranteed employment, top psychologists were paid to say our test is great!".

I got 180 on iqtest.com, lol.
    You paid to get the results?

ReputationRep:
    You paid to get the results?
    No, it used to be free, and once you got your ridiculously high score, they attempted to sell you a diploma.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    If your pants, what am I?
    hahahha. underwear?

ReputationRep:
    I tried again and it says "Game over dude ... "

ReputationRep:
    got 100 which is very poor i think

manifest

ReputationRep:
    103 most of the time i'm switched off

ReputationRep:
    Try www.bbc.co.uk/testthenation

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    64..... but i did the first 5 questions and got bored lol:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I got 20... is that bad or good?

ReputationRep:
    *ramroff is off the charts*

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.