Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    Oh God yeah... Alot of people who are on here have "cocooned" themselves in a virtual world whereby they have responsibility, friends, and an inate sense of intelligence. It's just "rising to peer pressure" and wanting to be "perceived as clever". Who actually is going to care what anyone elses' IQ is? I for one don't give a monkeys... I think the guy who started this thread was being very impulsive and controversial at the time.

EDIT: Sorry zhivago.
    Lol, it's only a number after all, doesn't represent much either, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    Lol, it's only a number after all, doesn't represent much either, lol
    Then why lie about it? It obviously represents alot to those who feel the need to lie, thus, portray themselves as "intelligent." After all, this is a student forum (as you said yourself) so of course there will be people wanting attention, and wanting to appear omniscent and bright amonst fellow students.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't surprise me if some people didn't actually take the test or got bored and made up an I.Q.

I didn't realise that there was a timer, so I was actually on another website for about 10 minutes. Having left around 3/7th's of the questions unanswered, I got 99.

ReputationRep:
    wow i really am quite patheitc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    Then why lie about it? It obviously represents alot to those who feel the need to lie, thus, portray themselves as "intelligent." After all, this is a student forum (as you said yourself) so of course there will be people wanting attention, and wanting to appear omniscent and bright amonst fellow students.
    Lol, some people actually believe that IQ can be measured using a crude psychometric test (which i believe is culturally biased as well!)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    Lol, some people actually believe that IQ can be measured using a crude psychometric test (which i believe is culturally biased as well!)...
    Weren't you backing up I.Q. tests a couple of hours ago?

ReputationRep:
    he is a fickle one! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Weren't you backing up I.Q. tests a couple of hours ago?
    No, lol, shows how much people pay attention

Before i was 'proving' that students are clever (and get high IQ's) because they learn, and that IQ tests measure other things as well..

But IQ's are the biggest load of rubbish ever, culturally biased, reductionist (trying to make complex things into a single number)

They also linked to the second world war, and tha Nazi's (the Aryan race), when they falsely found that Africans, and other cultures where less intelligent than the Americans, or Germans

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Iq tests are all really a load of rubbish i reckon cos if u rly wanted to i think u cod "train" for them. on the internet i got from 120 - 160 but in actual fact its 142.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    I'm just interested in knowing peoples IQ levels, as I tried the test below earlier. It turns out I'm just average (IQ 100 exactly).

If you're not sure what yours is, try this:
    http://www.intelligencetest.com/
    lol! i didn't know there's a time limit! oops. Never mind i got 104. my previous ones vary from around 130 to 150 something i think... now i've got a larger range :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    I'm just interested in knowing peoples IQ levels, as I tried the test below earlier. It turns out I'm just average (IQ 100 exactly).

If you're not sure what yours is, try this:
    http://www.intelligencetest.com/
    i'm not sure how accurate those things are. i didn't take the test in the link you've got there, but i had my IQ tested officially/professionally when i was but a wee lass, and i've since done internet IQ tests. none of the scores have ever been the same as either my 'official' IQ, nor even as each other, lol.

ReputationRep:
    yae i dont think the number has much to do with it either, plent of peolpe who i think would get high iq,s would prob get low iq,s visa versa. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I think the last time I took a test I was 124...

ReputationRep:
    i got 132! was expectin slightly lower but last time i did one it was about 130. it said i'm gifted lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.