How do you know when you should give up chasing the guy? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Heyy everyone.

Theres this guy at uni that I like. Met him off my course. Hes absolutely lovely- we're friends but I wouldn't say we are close mates.

I have liked him for a few months and have tried to ask him out. Asked him for a coffee- which he came to and asked him if he wanted a night out over summer- which we did. I have no idea if he has gotten the hint I like him or whether I should just be more direct.

We facebook each other and occasionally msn but it's usually me making the effort and starting convos. He does on occasion start it though but not as often as me. But it hasn't gotten to the point where I have him making the effort back. I know him coming for a coffee and night out is him making the effort back but its me doing the asking. He hasn't asked me to meet up or what yet so am wondering if I should give up? (hes single btw)
MattHummer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
suck his ****
Holamigo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Leave it for a while - Let him do some of the chasing.
You shouldn't be the one asking all the time! Least you will find out if he is really interested or not. He might just want to be single you never know!
mipegg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
When hes between your legs is when to give up...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I like him too much to give up on him even if hes not into me...
I don't know for sure though cos he sometimes flirts. If I don't talk to him for ages he does eventually get in touch with me via facebook or something. But we were texting recently and he promised to 'drink me under the table' when I get back for uni. Would that be construed as flirting?
would you say this is a positive sign? or....am I just reading too much into this?
learner_dancer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You should stop when you've received a restraining order. Otherwise, do carry on.
TK2 King Pin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hang on, what a stupid proposition

you're saying its all going well, except he hasnt been the one to suggest meeting up.. so you should give up on him

sorry but this has to be said.. you're a ******* idiot
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If he doesn't bother, I don't think he's interested. Forget about it. If he liked you back, he'd do something about it.
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Talk to him about where he thinks your stand relationship wise and what or if there is anything in the future, as if you get to far in you are likley to get hurt when nothing comes of it. Hopefully it wont come to that, communication is the way forward my friend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
38.03%
No - but I will (53)
7.25%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (347)
47.47%

Watched Threads