Predicted A* A A Watch

timreynolds
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
So far i only know that cambridge may use A*s in their offer, seeing as these are my predicted grades, and all the unis im applying for are all AAA entry, will they bump it up A*AA to match my prediction?
Tim
gkay2009
Report 9 years ago
Quite possibly.

A university can do what ever they want...you just have to accept it sometimes.

Edit: Ring/email admissions tutors if you need to.
beatleboar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah they can. LSE used to do it all the time, give offers of AAAA when the minimum requirements was AAA. ???
Grayer
Report 9 years ago
oh no i got I got predicted A*AA, my 50's dont fit in my pocket and my diamonds are too big for my hand! Jeesh...
miranda13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Unknown-User)
I dont think they can do that.
If the course has an entry requirement of AAA, then you'll have to get AAA not A*AA.

I think.
not true, they can make you an offer of whatever they like. each offer depends on the individual application
angelmxxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They can give you whatever offer they want. If you apply to a uni with standard CCC requirements, they could technically give you an A* A* A* offer... or an EEE offer.

None of the unis I applied to this year upped their requirements because I had better predictions than their standard offer though. And with the A* grade being untested, I doubt they will for you.
Unknown-User
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by miranda13)
not true, they can make you an offer of whatever they like. each offer depends on the individual application

Oh, Good thing I said 'I think'. (:

Ill delete my previous post.
lorietta
Report 9 years ago
This year most unis aren't predicting A* grades as they want to know how well the system will work under the new syllabuses ect. However, they can predict you whatever they like, what it says in the prospectus is only a guide (and often slightly out of date) phoning admissions tutors can often get you a better answer but this still may not be your actual offer.

But in general they can predict you whatever they like.
Mask Of Sanity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Imagine getting an offer of A*A*A*A*. Dear lord. :facepalm:
beatleboar
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
I might be looking at that lol.
Mask Of Sanity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by beatleboar)
I might be looking at that lol.
Likewise, if they go by my predicted grades. Let's hope not. :laugh:
dannycarr1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am applying to Warwick and York as my first and second choices for a course which asks for AAA at Warwick and AAB at York. I am predicted A*AA and have a B at AS.

I emailed the admissions tutors before I got the prediction of an A* and asked whether an A* would help me in my application, and whether the conditional offer would still be AAA (or AAB) or whether it would be A*AA etc...

Warwick replied:
We are not using the new A* grade next year but a predicted grade of A* in geography will strengthen your application. However we are not sure about the accuracy of A* predictions given that schools have no experience with them.

York replied:
Predictions of A* will inevitably help your case. The conditional offer would remain AAB, on the grounds that we want the people we make offers to.

So there are two examples frm top 10 unis. Hope that helps a bit.
Anon the 7th
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
they might change the offer
beatleboar
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't mind being predicted A*'s I just don't want to have to get them lol.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lorietta)
This year most unis aren't predicting A* grades as they want to know how well the system will work under the new syllabuses ect. However, they can predict you whatever they like, what it says in the prospectus is only a guide (and often slightly out of date) phoning admissions tutors can often get you a better answer but this still may not be your actual offer.

But in general they can predict you whatever they like.
You seem to be confused between predictions (which schools provide to universities about candidates) and offers (which universities make to candidates).
timreynolds
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by dannycarr1)
I am applying to Warwick and York as my first and second choices for a course which asks for AAA at Warwick and AAB at York. I am predicted A*AA and have a B at AS.

I emailed the admissions tutors before I got the prediction of an A* and asked whether an A* would help me in my application, and whether the conditional offer would still be AAA (or AAB) or whether it would be A*AA etc...

Warwick replied:
We are not using the new A* grade next year but a predicted grade of A* in geography will strengthen your application. However we are not sure about the accuracy of A* predictions given that schools have no experience with them.

York replied:
Predictions of A* will inevitably help your case. The conditional offer would remain AAB, on the grounds that we want the people we make offers to.

Brilliant I am also predicted A* for geography, im sure everyone is?! haha
Deutsch_Beth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dannycarr1)

Warwick replied:

York replied:

This makes me happy
I'm applying to Cambridge this year so Im gonna need the A*AA prediction, but Southampton, my second choice, is ranked below York and Warwick technically so if that strengthens a York and Warwick application it sounds hopeful for my case for Southampton
maxfire
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thing is...someone will actually GET that. D:
Mask Of Sanity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by maxfire)
Thing is...someone will actually GET that. D:
But, not everyone will, despite being predicted it. Worst part. :eek3:
maxfire
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
But, not everyone will, despite being predicted it. Worst part. :eek3:
That's correct. I'm glad I noticed this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise