The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 1
There's a Gold Membership that includes basic membership + unlimited access to the pool. I think it's roughly £140 per year (or less, there were a few offers, so I could be mixing them up). In any case, for a bit more, you can also get unlimited access to the pool AND sauna.

I'm getting a Gold Membership, but with unlimited access to the gym and free weights room instead (£134, IIRC). I did the figures, and overall it's good value for money (if you intend to use the gym at least three times a week). I'm guessing that the Gold Membership with the pool access should be a good deal too (especially if you want to go everyday). There should be a form about all this in your freshers 'Welcome Pack', and it lists all the costs there. I already sent mine in, so I can't check.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
From this
http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/sportscentre/pool/prices/

It appears to be after the club sporty membership of £36 its either £67 per year or 65p per swim, really cheap!
Reply 3
Hmmm, could be that. That would come to £103 a year, which adds up (all the prices I remember were in the three digits range).
Reply 4
Gold membership - Pool costs £94 for the academic year.

If you're interested there's also Gold memberships for Wellness (free weights and gym - £154), Spa (pool and saunarium - £107), and Fit-together (group exercise or spin - £175).
Reply 5
Looks like I'm getting all the figures mixed up. Oh well, close enough. :biggrin:
Reply 6
I had the gold for the gym last year, meant i went a lot more than i would've (not scrimping around for the £1.75 when i wanted to go) but i didn't use it three times a week, so lost money in the end

Pool is just a bog standard 25mx5m pool
And what about free weights alone?Is there a card for them,or they come "in pack" with the gym?
Reply 8
Freeweights are part of the gym gold membership, so get that and you can use the freeweights and the gym as many times as you want for free,
Or if you just have a sporty card, then its £1.75, and you can use the freeweights and/or gym
Reply 9
Bulgarianmarine
And what about free weights alone?Is there a card for them,or they come "in pack" with the gym?

They come as part of the gym membership, but you have to pay for a seperate induction.

Latest