iS THERE anything I can do about this? Watch

HopingDragron
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
This is kind of a repost, but only so I can get many different people's opinions. This is important to me. The other thread seems to be slightly dead.

I sent off for the full remarking of 5 tests, and I got the results back within 3 days.

As it turns out, I just marked my Chemistry Unit 1 test myself[remembering my general answers and using the mark scheme]. and i got 63 out of 8o. At the most, I might be wrong by 5 marks.[although 63 takes into account any answers i can't remember that well or answers that are correct, but not on the mark scheme] 58 out of 8o would never be 78 out of 12o or the updated 8o out of 12o. Chemistry unit 2 remained the same. Bio 3 went down two. So did Bio 1. Bio 2 went up 3. Or something like that.

So I went up only two uMS total in tests I KNOW are wrong, and went down two UMS in the others. Interesting how when people only THINK they're wrong, their ums goes up enough for the next grade. But when I pay 335 pounds, and I KNOW they're wrong, I get nothing back but a total of o UMS[2 minus and 2 plus]
HopingDragron
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I don't really trust Edexcel much anymore. I mean, they got my Statistics mark wrong by at least 6 UMS[I used a markscheme] my Chem Unit 1 mark wrong by two grades, high C to Low A. and my Bio tests by who knows how much.

When I remarked, they chose their reputation over my grades. The money wAS A BONUS. I didin't remark Stats cause I wouldn't mind testing myself again. It's kind of fun. Plus, it's the only way to get an A total.

What I mean is: 2 tests went up by 2 altogether, 2 went down by 2 altogether. Notice a pattern?. Despite the fact that they were REALLY wrong, they decided two seemed like a fair number. How would they know I have the mark schemes? For all they know, I'm just some rick kid[I get by] who wasn't satisfied with his grades.

0 UMS increase total. I think that means something.

If I had added Stats, that would be 6 tests to remark, and I bet you they would've left any two the same. 4 out of 9 with slight increases or decreases isn't the same as 5 out of 9 with slight or large increases or 6out of 9 with slight or large increases.

I see no reason why they should get away with this AND keep all that money. Had they remarked properly, I wouldn't mind. But the only way they could've remarked properly was if I got really close to an A or exactly an A in Bio, and I got a mid B in Chemistry.

Also, if I ask for my papers back, I bet they'll conveniently get lost in the mail. My mom thinks that would be too obvious, but so is this.

My mom doesn't think anything can be done, but i don't wanna think those thieves can just get away with my money.

Should I alert the media or something, or maybe have a lengthy discussion with my exams officer, mentioning the above points?
Joy Division
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You have to accept your marks or you could get your papers back.

Maybe you are being too optimistic and need to get over it and do some resits (and studying).
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You sound really negative ''it'll get lost in the mail'' ..a bit like me tbh:p:

sadly people will be people and we live in a world where money comes first. Get your papers back and check them yourself. something that I got right was marked wrong(only 1 mark though). it's your choice. speak to your examiners officer.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HopingDragron)
Is there anything I can do about this?
You don't want to hear this and I know you will not agree with it but..... You need to come to terms with the reality that you have been awarded the marks that your answers deserved. You need to work with your teachers to understand why the answers you give are not earning the marks that you think they should be and how to use the mark schemes to improve the way you tackle questions and maximise your results.

Because the alternative will leave you very unhappy and demotivated and will not enable you to improve your results next time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads