where to take Edexcel A Lev Physics practical units as private candidate? Watch

davidne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm seeking recommendations as to where to take Edexcel Physics A Level (all six units, new specification) in June 2010 as a private candidate. The problem is the practical units, namely 6PH03 for AS and 6PH06 for A2. Many places that take private candidates (e.g. David Game) don't offer these. I'm willing to travel anywhere in the country.

I would also like to take some very short courses focused purely on these practical units. E.g. maybe for three afternoons, something like that. (I don't need any courses or tuition in the written units). These should be at the same place where I take the practical units (and indeed the other units!)

Campbell Harris, apparently, may be holding courses in March 2010 for the practical units, but nothing is definite, and they aren't signing people up until they're sure they've got enough takers. Which may never happen!

So ideally I'd like somewhere where I can sign up (and pay) right away, so as to be guaranteed of actually having somewhere to take all six units.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

David
dg2009
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
try northlondon college

' External candidates are accepted. To register, download the relevant examination registration below and return to our office the appropriate fee.

If you do not have Adobe Reader, click here to download adobe reader.

GCSE Examination Registration Form (PDF Download)

A Level Examination Registration Form (PDF Download)

GCSE Fees............................ ................................ .... *£45.00 per subject

GCE A Level Unit Fee............................. ................. *£25.00 per unit

* (Contact the College to confirm the right exam fees, as fees are subject to change)

I require project and/or Course work evaluation. I enclose an additional fee of £50.00 for this. The fees are inclusive of college administrative and paperwork charges.'
skiliya3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by davidne)
I'm seeking recommendations as to where to take Edexcel Physics A Level (all six units, new specification) in June 2010 as a private candidate. The problem is the practical units, namely 6PH03 for AS and 6PH06 for A2. Many places that take private candidates (e.g. David Game) don't offer these. I'm willing to travel anywhere in the country.

I would also like to take some very short courses focused purely on these practical units. E.g. maybe for three afternoons, something like that. (I don't need any courses or tuition in the written units). These should be at the same place where I take the practical units (and indeed the other units!)

Campbell Harris, apparently, may be holding courses in March 2010 for the practical units, but nothing is definite, and they aren't signing people up until they're sure they've got enough takers. Which may never happen!

So ideally I'd like somewhere where I can sign up (and pay) right away, so as to be guaranteed of actually having somewhere to take all six units.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

David
Did you find an exam centre? Im in the exact same case!
Schmora
Report 9 years ago
I am also a private candidate and though I do a bunch of humanities subjects the centre that I use provides practical and oral examinations. It's in Fishponds, Bristol and they have a number of aliases (nothing strange! Purely because they also offer tutoring and translation), but you can navigate your way around http://www.examsuk.co.uk and fill out their application forms there too.

Hope that this helps!

Laura
harry.shak
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dg2009)
try northlondon college

' External candidates are accepted. To register, download the relevant examination registration below and return to our office the appropriate fee.

If you do not have Adobe Reader, click here to download adobe reader.

GCSE Examination Registration Form (PDF Download)

A Level Examination Registration Form (PDF Download)

GCSE Fees............................ ................................ .... *£45.00 per subject

GCE A Level Unit Fee............................. ................. *£25.00 per unit

* (Contact the College to confirm the right exam fees, as fees are subject to change)

I require project and/or Course work evaluation. I enclose an additional fee of £50.00 for this. The fees are inclusive of college administrative and paperwork charges.'

Hello! Can you please specify as to what is the college's full name? Is it the North London College? I have tried searching for it but only one college turns up and it doesn't offer Physics at A-Levels? Can you please guide me to the full link? I'll be glad and if you know any other exam centres in the region please do let me know and cheap ones? I am in urgent need of a centre! THANKS
:confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (139)
38.19%
No - but I will (20)
5.49%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.14%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
49.18%

Watched Threads