uni preparation wearing me out Watch

TheMadMan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I know I need to chill but as Uni is around the corner I can't.
I have worn myself out preparing for uni and I am stressed before I have even begun.
The thing is when I was at College I hated it, I hated the place and the people, but I did make made a couple of really nice friends which helped.
Anyway I want all the best clothes and gear for Uni so I can look cool, but I cannot afford which is annoying, and I know that this is the worst way to make friends, I should just be myself.
But I feel like if I go unprepared as I currently am, all the uni people will take one look at me and not want to hang out with me. This is sad.
Anyone else?
Anon the 7th
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
just a bit

I am nervous too :woo:
caw123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Stop thinking about it, just do it. Nobody cares about any of that crap.
TheMadMan
Rep:
?
anyone?
TheMadMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by caw123)
Stop thinking about it, just do it. Nobody cares about any of that crap.
dont they?
TheMadMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anon the 7th)
just a bit

I am nervous too :woo:
I also feel like I need to work out at the gym all the time so I can look good, and I feel like if I don't I will look unhealthy, but because I hate the gym I feel slightly depressed as I wont look fit
TheMadMan
Rep:
?
anyone else
TheMadMan
Rep:
?
cutie_pie90
Report 9 years ago
I thought all this last year when i started uni. Uni is loads different to school and collage and people dnt care bout what u have, stop worrying and just try and enjoy urself and everything will fall into place.
CLEE_F
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TheMadMan)
I have worn myself out preparing for uni and I am stressed before I have even begun.
The thing is when I was at College I hated it, I hated the place and the people, but I did make made a couple of really nice friends which helped.
Anyway I want all the best clothes and gear for Uni so I can look cool, but I cannot afford which is annoying, and I know that this is the worst way to make friends, I should just be myself.
But I feel like if I go unprepared as I currently am, all the uni people will take one look at me and not want to hang out with me. This is sad.
Anyone else?
What preparation could you possibly need to do? Stop whining.
Jinxy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you shouldnt think you need to look cool to get friends... its about how you come across etc.
a12
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
everyones in the same boat as u in terms of being new and afraid of people not bothering with them, but i doubt u not having the best of clothes will make any difference to people who also want to meet new people
Deanna19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
dont they?
No? Unless you turn up in a hessian sack I don't think anyone is going to give a rats.

At my uni everyone just dresses in whatever they are comfortable in, well of course I make an effort so I don't look like I've just gotten out of bed (which is most likely the case).

I think you should make an effort a little bit but don't worry yourself with it the whole uni experience is overwhelming enough as it is!
jpye11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Anyone else?
Hey man - Don't worry about that ****...
During the first week or so people are so drunk you can get away with murder...
Just focus on having fun and you will be sorted
TheMadMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by a12)
everyones in the same boat as u in terms of being new and afraid of people not bothering with them, but i doubt u not having the best of clothes will make any difference to people who also want to meet new people
Not just clothes, but gear, life experiences and everything.
I am a perfectionist and when things are not perfect I get stressed, which is a sign of OCD but I don't have this.
The thing is I have no outstanding qualities which I am aware of, so people will just see me as an average joe, with no qualities.
And to compensate this I try to make everything perfect to the point of being someone I am not, then I lose my sense of personal self which causes all sorts of problems
TheMadMan
Rep:
?
grr
roryq
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I also feel like I need to work out at the gym all the time so I can look good, and I feel like if I don't I will look unhealthy, but because I hate the gym I feel slightly depressed as I wont look fit
i am having similar annoyances to a lesser extent, i wasnt working over the summer so basically i was just arsing about and having nights out / plenty of takeaways etc so i have developed a bit of a beer belly alright but i just though feck it, we'll get freshers and the likes out of the way then deal with that lol.....

....as for the rest, don't worry about it, it will not in anyway be an issue to anyone but yourself....chill chap, chilll
Simon117
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Deanna19)
No? Unless you turn up in a hessian sack I don't think anyone is going to give a rats.

!
Actually, people will probably think you're a bit of a legend for doing that.
be-lie-ve
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Simon117)
:yep:
I laughed at that image.
Then I considered doing it. =)

Also, in answer to your question, OP, I am worn out by uni preparation, but more about the fact that I have to clear out my room, buy a PC, find/buy/pack all the stuff I need, sort a million random bits of paperwork, read a load of stuff, write zillions of cheques etc. If I look good as well as manage to survive the next two weeks, then frankly I'll consider myself a god.
Deanna19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Simon117)
Well if you've got the figure to pull it off, then go for it! :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.49%
No - but I will (67)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (408)
47.5%

Watched Threads