Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What did you all think?

I did Blessing and Night of the Scorpion for question 1, which was okay but I deviated a little lot.

I also did the describe question (5) about the nightmare world - dunno how I did, but either really badly or acceptably I suspect. It was little too 'black' as nightmare worlds go.

ReputationRep:
    yes it was a peice of piss. i did question 2 and 6. in question 6 i showed how id cards would end the world

ReputationRep:
    Did question 2 on hurricaine and not my business. Could have gone badly wrong but don't think I did thankfully. Did the informative one in section B whihc felt okay, nothing too taxing so long as you remember how to write a letter.

ReputationRep:
    I was worried about straying into the realms of explanation when saying why I wanted the changes.

ReputationRep:
    i did one and three... describe was hard, so i did inform... that was easy... but we'll have to see the grades first!

ReputationRep:
    I compared Hurricane Hits England and Presents From My Aunts In Pakistan. Section B the describe one was was pretty crappy: A nightmare world, grrrr

ReputationRep:
    I compared Hurricane Hits England and Presents From My Aunts In Pakistan as well. For Section B i did Question 3, as my school needs a lot fo changes!

Also, if u don't write down your question numbers on the front of your answer book do u loose marks?

ReputationRep:
    No, you don't.

The examiners are going to hate marking these 'nightmare world' descriptions, mine, and most of my friend's versions were fairly gory and horrific.

ReputationRep:
    <I meant to quote the post two above this here> I did the same as you Do you think it'll be a problem if my nightmare world description turned a bit too much into a story - all the descriptive stuff was still there though...

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I did describe too, I know I did well on that, but...
    The poems were *******s, weren't they? I mean, Blessing and Hurricane? Our teachers told us that those 2 wouldn't come up. Grr. I did Hurricane and Presents though, and sure I managed it well enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knotty)
    Aye, I did describe too, I know I did well on that, but...
    The poems were *******s, weren't they? I mean, Blessing and Hurricane? Our teachers told us that those 2 wouldn't come up. Grr. I did Hurricane and Presents though, and sure I managed it well enough
    I'm glad other people compared it with presents! I went a little off track though and started going on about culture, but meh culture is the one thing that links all the poems!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    What did you all think?

I did Blessing and Night of the Scorpion for question 1, which was okay but I deviated a little lot.

I also did the describe question (5) about the nightmare world - dunno how I did, but either really badly or acceptably I suspect. It was little too 'black' as nightmare worlds go.
    lol i done question one as well with blessing and night of the scorpion....i also chose question 3 and said in it (what other people thing of my school) 'you are so fu cking stupid, your school is a $hithole...' because thats what we do get from people who wait for their buses in the morning in front of our school xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Question One:

Blessing and Nothing's Changed surpirisngly enough.

Did Question 3 on Schools and went on about disipline and grades and hwo this can be affected by Food and Drink.

Better than Paper 1 for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    What did you all think?

I did exactly same questions as you, and exactly the same poems.

However, I wrote **** all than I ususal do. Ususal I manage 5+ pages, but this time it was somewhere in region between 3-4. I wrote a good 2 pages on first quesiton, (did some waffling on it lol) and on second I just cudnt think of what to say for ages, mind went blank. In end I wrote in 2rd person narrative and was using "you ran, you .." not exactly the verb ran, but I used you :P

My opening line was somethin like "Eyes spirale a gloomy pale blood, and darkness suffocated the left-over sun" .. omg how crap

OMG OMG :eek: :eek:
    Just released the question meant a "nightmare world" i ****ing wrote about a person running away n crap rofl describing some smells n crap but not the world in its entirity

ReputationRep:
    I was so annoyed they chose 'Hurricane', the one poem I'm very weak on. When they handed me my paper, I could see it through the front cover (haha, I remember on my Biology paper, it was so see-through I knew the answers to the first few questions before I began :P) and I just though '*****'.

ReputationRep:
    I did the nightmare world one, but my describing skills are pretty *****y, so I described the minds of the souless, heartless beings that live on it scurrying without purpose. I used a long extended metaphor of the ocean swollowing up this world thanks to the inconsiderate, greedy, hateful, intolerant, apathetic people that live on it before ending "This nightmare world already exists and you are standing on it."
    It seemed pretty deep at the time.
    The poetry essay was fairly easy, I did 2, and I don't think I did too bad.

ReputationRep:
    I did question 1, Blessing and Two Scavengers - was happy with that.

And the Describe one - hope it went ok, you can never tell how you've done but I left an opening ending so the poor examiner wishes he/she could have read on but instead, they are left in suspense..

ReputationRep:
    I did 1 wit Blessing and Limbo. I dunno why i did limbo but i thought that it was quite eventful with the journey and everything.

I then did 5 and i was really struggling to get 2 pages out of that. i managed somehow. i didn't put in many colours mainly red and black but i used too much personification

ReputationRep:
    am i the only one who did hurricane and Search for my tongue? :confused: u think those 2 go well?
    ah well..and then i did question 5 the nightmare world...think i did ok in that...i love descriptive writing but i hate being rushed lol so i guess we'l see how i did in august
    but overall i think it went pretty well *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    seems like most of you found it easy! i thought both the poetry questions were pretty difficult and didnt really know what they were asking, managed to compare hurricane with island man but i dont know if i answered it very well! doubt ill be able to get an A in it, ahh well nothing i can do now. the second part i thought was quite easy, i did question 4. i thought it was good as it was so open ended so you could write anything which you were passionate about which was pretty easy.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.