Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i did question 2, huricane and presents, i got really confussed as we hadnt really done much on hurricane.
    for section B i did about my dreams and how i would make them reality, i think i did alright in this part, hopefully it will make up for section A.
    well atleast i did both, beacuse my friend just left section A beaucse she couldnt do either of the questions, she could of least had a go and got a few marks then not doing any and get none.
    im glad its all over with, no more anthology yay!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Those 2 definitely go well I thought about it but felt more confident with PFMAIP

ReputationRep:
    OMG!! i was stressed this morning so i went to my eng teacher to ask for sample q's and she photocopied 2002 paper and i did the questions, so how damn happy was i when i got into the exam and found q2, to be the same question as on the 2002 paper which i'd done that morning, i only to change stuff a lil bit, but i loved it!!!!

also i did q5, and i freaked myslef out a bit as i wrote about rats eating my feet and spiders crawling over my face and climibing in thorught my eye, lol

ReputationRep:
    for question 5 describing a nightmare world, was it about a sleeping nightmare or a nightmare wold as in world wide beacuse i got really confussed and gave up on that question and started a different one!

ReputationRep:
    it was what you wanted it to be, in the end i died in mine

ReputationRep:
    In a moment of madness i chose Nothing's changed to go with Blessing. Fortunately, these were 2 of the 45 poems i had revised properly, although i still think i did quite crap to be honest.

I did number 6, and just talked about how fossil fuels were running out, and that they are helping to cause global warming. It was crap thing to choose i know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    What did you all think?

I did Blessing and Night of the Scorpion for question 1, which was okay but I deviated a little lot.

I also did the describe question (5) about the nightmare world - dunno how I did, but either really badly or acceptably I suspect. It was little too 'black' as nightmare worlds go.

i did q2+3. we only got taught the second half of the poems so had no choice but q2. i didn't really know what it was asking so it didn't really answer the question but it wasn't really bad, just quite crappy lol. i did inform which was just saying my ideas so i don't know how you get marks and stuff it was just writen simply and formally. i think i'll be lucky to get my B seeing as my coursework is low C

ReputationRep:
    i did limbo and blessing - phew i thought i was only one

preferred paper 1 tho - i hope i get double A for english overall - my coursework is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    I did question 1, Blessing and Two Scavengers - was happy with that.

And the Describe one - hope it went ok, you can never tell how you've done but I left an opening ending so the poor examiner wishes he/she could have read on but instead, they are left in suspense..
    gemgems89 - I attempted the same questions as you . Nice to see someone else had done the same as me :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    im hoping for

eng lit- A
    eng lang - A*

ReputationRep:
    am i the only one who did hurricane and Search for my tongue? u think those 2 go well?
    ah well..and then i did question 5 the nightmare world...think i did ok in that...i love descriptive writing but i hate being rushed lol so i guess we'l see how i did in august
    but overall i think it went pretty well *fingers crossed*
    Yes I did an d I did fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    im hoping for

eng lit- A
    eng lang - A*
    Iam the other way round!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsussed)
    Iam the other way round!
    lol cool, i should be the other way asim doin eng lit nex yr, but o well, lol

ReputationRep:
    Woo...I compared "Blessing" and "Two Scavengers..." as well...was panicky as I didn't want to be the only one that does them two, so I'm pleased some other people did them here. I thought it was rather easy as the question was quite vague "Describe events.." so yeah that was OK
    And then I did Q4.. "Explain about your ambitions for the future...".. I kept deviating off track trying to describe them, but I quickly pushed myself back onto the right track. So all in all, I think I did pretty well in English!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simon-J)
    Woo...I compared "Blessing" and "Two Scavengers..." as well...was panicky as I didn't want to be the only one that does them two, so I'm pleased some other people did them here. I thought it was rather easy as the question was quite vague "Describe events.." so yeah that was OK
    And then I did Q4.. "Explain about your ambitions for the future...".. I kept deviating off track trying to describe them, but I quickly pushed myself back onto the right track. So all in all, I think I did pretty well in English!
    I compared it with Night of the Scorpion, I think I did ok. Surrounded the explain question around a single idea linking my past and future. I came up with it yonks ago and was meant to turn it into a prose but it fitted the question so I guess i was quite lucky. Hope the examiner understands it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WantA*)
    gemgems89 - I attempted the same questions as you . Nice to see someone else had done the same as me :tsr:
    Yay - seems like not many chose those 2 poems. I was starting to get worried that I chose the wrong one but nah it was alright.

ReputationRep:
    lol everyone getting stressed over what poems they did, its soo funny!

ReputationRep:
    Wow - most people did the same as me then (2 - Hurricane and Presents..; and 5 - nightmare world). Yeah, I was annoyed that Hurrican was the named poem but I think I managed to get a good response anway.
    I enjoyed Sect B but I think I may have been explaining feelings too much. I sais that this world was a nightmare world and war caused a nightmare world, then I went on to describe D-Day Landings though the eyes of a medic - including all gory details! I hope I get a good grade for English Language!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanderslr)
    Wow - most people did the same as me then (2 - Hurricane and Presents..; and 5 - nightmare world). Yeah, I was annoyed that Hurrican was the named poem but I think I managed to get a good response anway.
    I enjoyed Sect B but I think I may have been explaining feelings too much. I sais that this world was a nightmare world and war caused a nightmare world, then I went on to describe D-Day Landings though the eyes of a medic - including all gory details! I hope I get a good grade for English Language!
    wahey exact same poems and q5, i was getting soooo worried, lol not really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyGrace)
    am i the only one who did hurricane and Search for my tongue? :confused: u think those 2 go well?
    ah well..and then i did question 5 the nightmare world...think i did ok in that...i love descriptive writing but i hate being rushed lol so i guess we'l see how i did in august
    but overall i think it went pretty well *fingers crossed*
    hehe this is my first post on here :eek: :tsr: but I've been reading for a few days lol I searched for it when I'd done AQA maths and found it impossible :p: but it's activated my account now

I compared the same two poems as you and I found it alright, I hope. Did anyone else think the question was ever so slightly misleading because it said places they live...and not places where they have lived (which I'd think was more like roots but maybe I'm just being paranoid lol) I went on about how the poems are about how they're still attached to their origins etc etc...I also did Q5 about the nightmare world and I think I did pretty good but who can tell lol, I didn't talk about the world in its entirity (much) it was like a monologue type thing in first person with lots of descriptive language about horrible nightmarish things and then I just added how the world had become evil and these people were killing her...and at the end I died...lol it sounds pathetic now but I used short sentences for tension and fancy words and stuff lol :p: sounded good at the time...fingers crossed anyway. I thought it was an OK paper, not too easy, not too hard. I enjoyed the descriptive writing

Anyway, *waves to everyone*

Sally x

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.