Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i did 1 and 4

ReputationRep:
    I did Blessing with nothing's changed. I think it woz aite. feel i should have wrote much more though. Then the nightmare world, which woz wel gd coz it woz such an open question so i should went mad, violent with pyscho descriptions. HA! it woz the last and easiest english paper i think

ReputationRep:
    oh and i did blessing and what were they like

ReputationRep:
    lol welcome sally, yeh q5 was an amazing q, anyone who did q3 that q looked soo boring, did anyone do it and enjoy it, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    lol welcome sally, yeh q5 was an amazing q, anyone who did q3 that q looked soo boring, did anyone do it and enjoy it, lol
    hehe thanks yeah I just looked at the other questions and thought they looked boring and I knew I wouldn't be able to conclude them properly but with a nightmare world you can just give it an abrupt ending - like a nightmare lol also I love descriptive writing x

ReputationRep:
    lol yeh i jsut suddenly died in mine but in a prepared way (getting eaten and possessed, lol)

ReputationRep:
    did anyone do specification B? the one with the one about analysing and comenting on the view that women do not have an equal status to men?

ReputationRep:
    theres been no menetion to it, what was the q's like was it good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ratatouille)
    did anyone do specification B? the one with the one about analysing and comenting on the view that women do not have an equal status to men?
    Yep I did, think I did pretty well on that question, found the first Q a bit tougher though although it still wasn't all that bad.

What did you put for the second question?

ReputationRep:
    i did AQA English A. i did the Blessing question, and compared it with Night of the Scorpion, then i did question 3 about informing the governors about the changes in your school. i thought i was relatively easy and probably got a B on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx007)
    i did AQA English A. i did the Blessing question, and compared it with Night of the Scorpion, then i did question 3 about informing the governors about the changes in your school. i thought i was relatively easy and probably got a B on it.
    lol i wouldnt have done it anyway, but how did you see it an dthink it looked interested the informing q

ReputationRep:
    In question 1 i showed all the differences between night of the scorpian and blessing and only a few similaritiys. As thats contrasting would i still get the marks as the question said compare.

ReputationRep:
    I compared Hurricane and Search for my tongue. That question was nasty cos I never did hurricane or blessing at school, just looked at them quickly at home. It was worse for my friend, she's never seen either of them before! (stupid teachers)

I did Q6 for B, and I think it was OK. I wrote about global warming, and used loadsa random facts I heard on tv and from geography. I think it might have seemed at bit to much like persuading though lol. Never mind, its done now. Would be burning anthology if school hadn't taken it in :mad:

ReputationRep:
    oo i just realised that i can burn my anthology now. Why did they take them in.? dont they have loads of notes and stuff and mines all torn and scribbiled on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *b2t*)
    I compared Hurricane Hits England and Presents From My Aunts In Pakistan. Section B the describe one was was pretty crappy: A nightmare world, grrrr
    woo, thats exactly what I did. My class didnt cover blessings so I had no choice. I always pick the describe ones. Let my imagination run wild! lol What did you guys do for it? I described a knightmare world (like the actual setting and creatures and stuff) whereas other people i've talked to like described 'a' knightmare. :eek: I thought that it was a kinda bleak question.

ReputationRep:
    whats the point of them taking it in, it not like they can use it again, its full of notes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ratatouille)
    That sounds too much like an RE question for me to have even considered! luckily i dont do specification B

sorry for double post!

ReputationRep:
    yeh i described a world, my amte did a nightmare then ended it in the worst way ever, he woke up, i wanted to kill him the idiot, lol

ReputationRep:
    *chews gum*

ReputationRep:
    I did Blessing and Limbo for Q1. Did 5 good comparisons on language devices I think. Then I did the nightmare world question in section B. I tried to do a short story that I could describe the scenery a lot for, so it would be a bit more like a world, but I suppose that it's the description that counts. I ran out of time at the end, though, so mine was a bit crap. I spent ages setting it up and then just wrote "He stabbed me.. and I woke up in my room." or somthing. Oh well, shouldn't hurt too much.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.