Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe89)
    Yep I did, think I did pretty well on that question, found the first Q a bit tougher though although it still wasn't all that bad.

What did you put for the second question?
    I thought it was alright- but i thought the second q was a bit wierd...
    I started off talking about how women dont get into senior job positions, etc, which was all good. I then realised I had ages left, so I started talking about woman in afghanistan having to wear those burkha things... didnt really know what I was talking about so i think it was a bit crap.

ReputationRep:
    yer omg the poems were such a bad choice for me i was ready for poems like limbo, two scavengers..... but no i get BLESSING a poem ive probably read and revised once!
    but for section b i did the Ambitions one and i think i did good in that

ReputationRep:
    i did question 2 and and did quesiton 6 : i talked about liberalism and how much our nation can get credit so easily

ReputationRep:
    one and six. section A was blessing and night of the scorpion in which i spoke of exorcism being presented by the scorpions poison and 6 spoke of greed and third world. Hmm...the mother in night of the scorpion...does she die? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hurricane was the ONE poem of the eight that I wasn't sure on and, knowing my luck, it came up. I'm happy english GCSEs are over now though. I think I only have 6/7 exams left now.

ReputationRep:
    I did Hurricane and Presents from my Aunts. Had loads to say. Then did nightmare world. Was pretty depressing- hope get morbid examiner...
    You'd be surprised about how cheap schools can be. If we didn't buy our own copy of To Kill A Mock we got one with someone elses notes it- whether pages were missing or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noofruit)
    I did Hurricane and Presents from my Aunts. Had loads to say. Then did nightmare world. Was pretty depressing- hope get morbid examiner...
    You'd be surprised about how cheap schools can be. If we didn't buy our own copy of To Kill A Mock we got one with someone elses notes it- whether pages were missing or not.
    lol serious buy yourown that is cheap, lol i really take for granted my school, lol

ReputationRep:
    What did they do for the exam tho? I thought the rules were changed so u couldn't use a book with notes this year.

ReputationRep:
    obv. that school is above the rules, lol

ReputationRep:
    Hardly anyone but me and gemgems89 did Blessing and 2 Scavengers! Guess the examiners will get a surprise from some candidates!! You all done well, its just another stage in exams, lets move on!!

ReputationRep:
    i agree! wahey no exams till wednesday!

ReputationRep:
    I did hurricane and island man?-im probz the only one

and i did the question on ambitions-hopefully ppl who did that will get extra credit as from wot ive seen like 80% of people did the nightmare world.

ReputationRep:
    I did hurricane hits england and unrelated incidents.. i talked about how they were both sorta patriotic about their cultures and where they came from. Do guys rekon it was a good choice... i rekon i did some good analysing..

And i chose describing a nighmare.... as i had been taught describing techniques, but when i saw the question i was like ...." Wooah wht the hel!"
    But i ended up thinking of writing about the loss of my vision...(im not blind)... i cudnt think of anythin else so went out of the ordinary .... quite difficult... but plp say different can earn u marks ,,

Would be great 2 know wht u think..

ReputationRep:
    Blessing and Scorpion.....was eaaaasy.

ReputationRep:
    I think my nightmare world went way too much like a story, it was a story basically. Do you it matters? after all, it still included alot of describing in it.
    And i did 'hurricane' and 'presants from my aunts'......think it went pretty bad

ReputationRep:
    no if its a story its ok..cos i aske dmy teacher in the exam...can u involve urself and she saifd oh yeh of course but so long as uv got lots of decriptive in it ur fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WantA*)
    Hardly anyone but me and gemgems89 did Blessing and 2 Scavengers! Guess the examiners will get a surprise from some candidates!! You all done well, its just another stage in exams, lets move on!!
    I did "Two Scavengers..." and "Blessing" too Well....that makes three!

ReputationRep:
    What did they do for the exam tho? I thought the rules were changed so u couldn't use a book with notes this year
    We were given blank ones for the exam but told we couldn't write in. Apparently this is because they're sending them back. It IS cheap isn't it....

ReputationRep:
    for christ sake stop talking about english plz.it is a nightmare and it is over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    for christ sake stop talking about english plz.it is a nightmare and it is over
    yeh people we have now reached the day after point, no more talking of it!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.