Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    yeh people we have now reached the day after point, no more talking of it!
    On English Paper 2, the first question I did, which was on section A, was compare how 'Blessing' describes an event with another poem of your choice.
    I compared 'Blessing' with 'Not My Business'. I think I did quite good on this.

For section B I did 'Desribe a nightamare world' of which I described thee end of the world which is in relation to the sun blowing up. Once again I did brilliantly on this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe89)
    Yep I did, think I did pretty well on that question, found the first Q a bit tougher though although it still wasn't all that bad.

What did you put for the second question?
    hey i did aqa spec B as well 2nd question was ok not great though, but the first question i was like....geez this is hard i wrote a load of complete trash what did u put about the women holding like clouds- i ignored it but my friends sed that it represented their hopes or something, and y did the fish cry??? and y were they magic?? so many questions sooo little time.......

ReputationRep:
    I did spec A. I wrote about Blessing and Nothing's changed. I thought I was the only one but I'm not. For section B, I chose Q4 the dreams/ambitions although I did not have enough time to finish this!!! EXAM BOARDS SHOULD REALLY GIVE MORE TIME FOR ENGLISH EXAMS!! :mad:

I know I definately done better for this paper than paper 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ste)
    Question One:

Blessing and Nothing's Changed surpirisngly enough.

Did Question 3 on Schools and went on about disipline and grades and hwo this can be affected by Food and Drink.

Better than Paper 1 for me
    hi i also did nothings changed with blessing..hardly anyone did it in my school..what about yours??? did u find it easy to compare>>

ReputationRep:
    i did "blessing" and "night of the scorpion", and then the easiest inform question (which was about complaining to the governors about your school )..... we'll have to wait for the grades, though

ReputationRep:
    I did Q's 1 & 5. I compared 'Blessing' and 'Nothing's Changed'..I think I pretty much answered the question, but I know I strayed in places. The describing went ok too, but I haven't had much practice with that section, so I'm not really sure how that bit will turn out.

ReputationRep:
    I did questions 2 (had no choice, school only does the one cluster) and 3. I was going to do the describing one but thought i might go on a rant which im sure i would have done. So I ended up with a letter that was as boring as hell!

ReputationRep:
    HI!

I did questions 2 & 5. For question 2 i compared hurricane hits england and island man, by saying no matter where you go your past will always follow whether it is in reality or a dream world. Did anybody else use these two poems???

ReputationRep:
    O COME ON!!!! the exam was 3DAYS AGO!! a weekend has passed, the drama has died down, danny mate, focus on the other 5/6 you have left.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you there, exam boards should give less time in maths higher and more time in english. By the time i had finished writing my essay, the 45 mins were up, i didnt even get a rest or time to proof read, and the next question began!

takes the piss!

ReputationRep:
    quick question mr bab! do you have a life coz your ALWAYS online! why dont you go find a partner! coz i have bin busy all weekend and this is the only chance ive had to post! so give it a rest!

ReputationRep:
    O Btw I Have 3 Exams Left!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wendy)
    hi i also did nothings changed with blessing..hardly anyone did it in my school..what about yours??? did u find it easy to compare>>
    Wasn't too bad i discussed how they both rely heavily on cultures and the poems inform us about there cultures however they are too completely different extremes of emotion from each poet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny_Bradford)
    quick question mr bab! do you have a life coz your ALWAYS online! why dont you go find a partner! coz i have bin busy all weekend and this is the only chance ive had to post! so give it a rest!
    woh! calm down, lol i'm not always online, i aint been on since friday till this mornin, and i aint been on barely this morning, lol gosh

de-stress danny, and lucky you 3 exams left (lucky b*****d,lol), but i'm just saying the drama has died down now . lol

truce ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Danny,

I chose the same poems as you did and, by luck, I noticed that Nichols was the poet for both. I then had the opportunity to compare her contrasting feelings about living in England and that both poems conveyed different philosophical messages, suggesting the poet had mixed feelings about her new life

ReputationRep:
    didnt the q, say two poets, or was that a pract q i did before cant memba

ReputationRep:
    eh ?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.