Student Finance - Did this happen to anyone? Watch

Joy Division
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I got sent my declaration form from SFE almost two weeks ago now and I signed it and sent it off the next day and my status on my account changed from 'Approved - awaiting signature' to 'Approved' so obviously they've received it.

However yesterday I got sent another one which is identical to the one I got earlier. Do I send the second declaration form off? :confused:

Also on my SF account it says that only my grant is 'approved' atm the rest (student loan, tuition loan) are 'blocked', I'm not sure if I have to send the second declaration form off to unblock them even though the form is the same as the first one. :erm:

WTF?
Maximald
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Their whole system is backward- it would probably be best just to send it off again to be safe?
irishmonkey2009
Report 9 years ago
I think its blocked because they dont release them until you have enrolled at uni. as soon as you do they usually pay a week later.
Id send off declaration recorded signed for anyway....
Joy Division
Rep:
?
(Original post by irishmonkey2009)
I think its blocked because they dont release them until you have enrolled at uni. as soon as you do they usually pay a week later.
Id send off declaration recorded signed for anyway....
Oh...is yours blocked too?

And they have received the first one (otherwise my status wouldn't have changed) so I guess I don't need to send it again. :dontknow: :erm:
pinkpear
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
its blocked ready for when u enroll. when u enroll the payments should be triggered. basicaly u have money waiting to go
irishmonkey2009
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Joy Division)
Oh...is yours blocked too?

And they have received the first one (otherwise my status wouldn't have changed) so I guess I don't need to send it again. :dontknow: :erm:
No sadly i m still waiting but I applied late. There are lots of posts about it as payment dates werent when people were getting funds. You have to be confirmed as enrolled before you get any money.
Joy Division
Rep:
?
Thanks for the help guys :top:

(Original post by pinkpear)
its blocked ready for when u enroll. when u enroll the payments should be triggered. basicaly u have money waiting to go
ok so I'll just wait for my payment schedule letter then?
Peejay101
Report 9 years ago

Are the figures on the second declaration definately exactly the same as the first one?

The 'blocked' message usually relates to the fact that SFE are in the process of checking your National Insurance number with DWP. That is usually complete within a week.

Paul.
Joy Division
Rep:
?
(Original post by Peejay101)
Are the figures on the second declaration definately exactly the same as the first one?

The 'blocked' message usually relates to the fact that SFE are in the process of checking your National Insurance number with DWP. That is usually complete within a week.

Paul.
Yes they are the same, I checked.

I guess I just have to wait for the money now, hopefully it comes on time...
Daina
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As Paul said, the payments will become unblocked once they verify your National Insurance number, not when you go to Uni (mine are all approved).

I think you should leave it, if your application is approved, just rejoice and be thankful!
Joy Division
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daina)
As Paul said, the payments will become unblocked once they verify your National Insurance number, not when you go to Uni (mine are all approved).

I think you should leave it, if your application is approved, just rejoice and be thankful!
Yeah I'll just wait for the money now, thankfully all the stressful stuff has been sorted out now...I think. :afraid:
Peejay101
Report 9 years ago
Yeah I'll just wait for the money now, thankfully all the stressful stuff has been sorted out now...I think. :afraid:

Until next year......
spikeeleon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Peejay101)
Until next year......
indeed!!!!! cant wait to stress out next year cos if student finance !!!!!:yep:
pinkpear
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

yep! wait for ur payment schedule letter.

if u look under payments on ur account it will give u the online payment schedule so that u can make note of the dates

:yep:
pinkpear
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by spikeeleon)
indeed!!!!! cant wait to stress out next year cos if student finance !!!!!:yep:
by the time this is all sorted out it will be time to apply for next yr.. the joy
spikeeleon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pinkpear)
by the time this is all sorted out it will be time to apply for next yr.. the joy

lmao !!!!! too true!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.66%
No - but I will (46)
6.69%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (325)
47.24%

Watched Threads