The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
foxo
Next time remember the quotation marks, Wilde.

Oh, and to the person who suggested 'holistic medicine' as an alternative to seeing a GP, you'd probably find most real doctors would advise you to go for the cigarettes over advocating that ridiculous insult to medicinal advancement.

I assume, in your denigration of 'holistic medicine', you are referring to 'alternative medicine'.

You chose lung cancer as well as smoking. Don't expect pity.
I think we can saftely assume that if the op was asking how to purchase alcohol there would not be an immediate out cry of "liver disease". I know smoking is bad for you but sometimes a stiff drink and a few fags do wonders for you.
Oh look its a thread about smoking full of self righteous busy bodies, who'da thunk it. Honestly, where do you dorks get off saying half the **** you say, you wouldn't say it to someone in real life.
I love the odd cigarette every few months, and to be honest, smoking is cool and everyone knows it :smile:
Smoking is definitely a lot cooler than being a little whiny bitch about it on the internet
Reply 46
what IS important is where you get it from. be sure to ask for the lighter first and when he says 'what ciggarets would you like' say mayfair. THANKS
Reply 47
bete noire
Oh look its a thread about smoking full of self righteous busy bodies, who'da thunk it. Honestly, where do you dorks get off saying half the **** you say, you wouldn't say it to someone in real life.

An unfortunate side-effect of having one's opinions formed by thoughtless rhetoric is that people, so informed, typically can't shut up about their stupid ideas. When reason is alienated, emotional responses and demonisation of anyone who disagrees - instead of a sensible critique of their position - become the order of the day.
Reply 48
Have you thought about other ways of sorting out your anxiety like exercise, meditation or moderate drinking (say, a glass of wine in the evening)? Otherwise, I'm sure you can simply ask for ten Mayfair, and if they sell lighters simply ask for a lighter. I tend to find smoking makes me feel more on edge, but that's probably just me.
chriz01
How naive of you to think that people smoke to "seem cool". Theres just no words to describe your idiocy.

I know many people who smoke simply for the cool status they feel it gives them.... You arrogant ****!
If you get asked for ID say "mate do u know who u dealin wif? ill bang u out bruv".

It is quite acceptable and the shopkeeper will understand entirely.
burninginme
If you get asked for ID say "mate do u know who u dealin wif? ill bang u out bruv".

It is quite acceptable and the shopkeeper will understand entirely.

Or just shout at the shopkeeper do YOU have ID.
bete noire
Smoking is definitely a lot cooler than being a little whiny bitch about it on the internet

Epic win. :biggrin:
+rep for that, I think.

I'm also quite sick of people saying "smoking's bad" on these forums, when 9 times out of 10, the OP is referring to smokers rather than the self-righteous (or so coming on here would make it seem) alternatives.

Seems simple... if you don't smoke, don't come onto the threads about smoking. Is it really that hard to understand?
If it's a thread about religion, then everyone is entitled to say that they are an Atheist as it is a directly relevant belief when it comes to the topic of religion, but a non-smoker bitching about smoking on a smoking thread is like a nymphomaniac going to a chastity gig and taking the piss out of everyone there for not being like them.

I'm pretty sure that if somebody smokes, they know the risks, especially with the delightful little pictures than now come on pouches/packs. :p:
StJimmy
And yeah, I am old enough, so I know how to ask for the cigarettes I want.. e.g. "Can I get 10 Mayfair please" but what about the lighter? I just want one of those cheap throwaway ones.. can you use them straight away?

Why are you wanting to smoke? Its not cool and its not good. Plus it'll kill you. Or do I have to show you this:

... ¬_¬

Damn people who choose not to read, DAMN THEM ALLLLLL!!!!!!
Drunk Punx
... ¬_¬

Damn people who choose not to read, DAMN THEM ALLLLLL!!!!!!

Um, Why?
I rest my case. :smile:

I'll leave you to work it out...
Reply 57
My experiences from when i first started smoking were vomiting, anxiety and stress (from my parents finding out :tongue: )and much more. smoking is NOT a pain relief or a stress reliever. It only relieves stress for those who are addicted and even then it is psychological.

I have no idea what you ahve been told about smoking and what it is supposed to relieve but its all a load of tosh. Don't start because once your problem has been sorted out you will be left with a brand new problem of nicotine addiction which brings along a whole chapter of new health problems.
shake-a-sheep
Why do the government even bother spending money on campaigns to alert people to the dangers of smoking? Such a waste of money when people still blatently ignore the warnings in order to seem cool.... how sad.

Yeah shame innit *lights up*
What a **** ass forum... it seems Im not entitled to my own opinion unless I condone something which killed several of my family members.... good to know... assholes!

Latest

Trending

Trending