What happens if you Student Finance don't complete your application in time? Watch

ryan12891
Badges: 8
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm not too fussed about the maintenance loan/grant for now, that can wait, as I'm living at home. Its just my tuition fee loan that I'm worried about. Yesterday I recieved my payment schedule letter. But, its listing my Uni as DeMont, and lists my tuition fees payable to them. This is despite the fact that I accepted my insurance, which was derby, and alerted them by phone on results day, then sent out one of those chane of circumstances forms as well, saying the new course and uni on.

When you enrol, it specifically says you need to give proof the uni are going to get their money.

What do you do if you dont have this proof?
Random Gecko
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Talk to your uni. I have to either get the letter by next Monday or pay up front. It pretty much sucks.
irishmonkey2009
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
HI. Theres something about this on the automated voice thing. Basically I think they say the system will be corrected when you enrol at a differednt uni. Uni's dont get paid for months anyway and you have proof you are entitled to tuition fee loan so just show them that and explain. Give them (uni) a ring to put your mind at ease.
In most cases, even if you were to be charged fees, they let you pay in monthly installments starting in November so you should have it sorted anyway by then...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (214)
39.12%
No - but I will (38)
6.95%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.58%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise