The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Aw, yeah, I'd love it! Do it. :smile:
Reply 2
It's cheesy but romantic, girls will love it :smile:
Reply 3
No I wouldn't but that's just me, dating's a very casual thing to me. Different issue entirely were she to be my girlfriend. (But then I'd probably leave a rose under her pillow or something. Make it a surprise!
Reply 4
I think you'd be able to 'pull it off' fine as long as you do it in a surprisey/jokey way but she'll still feel special reflecting, methinks:yes:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Unless the guy was incredibly good looking, great personality and ridiculously charming with all the talents in the world and wearing a tux, I would think 'Awww bless him, in a little brother sort of way. He obviously hasn't been out with many girls on dates before, sweet but a bit full on and desperate as he barely knows me'.
dimexi
Was just wondering - is it a good romantic gesture to give a girl a rose on the first date? Or you reckon it's too full on?

Girls - would you love to be given a rose on the first date

Guys - would you give a rose on a first date (come on, don't be cheap).

Replies from females would be appreciated.

depends how into you she is..........

if she jumped at the chance to go out with you, you'd been flirting lots before u asked her out then yes, do it

but if she doesnt seem that into it and like agreed to go out with you to 'see how it goes' then dont....it could freak her out
Reply 7
no

come on you know its too much, first date doesn't need to be romantic you're just getting to know each other

save it for the 3 month anniversary or something
Reply 8
Hmm.. think I'd feel a LITTLE creeped out. Mainly because then I'd feel like there was more pressure for the date to go well.
Reply 9
Yeah, then you can discuss how wonderful she is and what your children will be called.
trust me... no
lm_wfc
Yeah, then you can discuss how wonderful she is and what your children will be called.

There is no discussion. A boy will be Dave, a girl, Davina.

Maybe that's why I'm single... :sad:
Haha, it's a little corny... but sweet! Depends whether you think she's the type that would be embarrassed by such a romantic gesture so early on.
It's a bit too cheesy for my taste but some girls would love that crap. Depends on the girl really. :yep:
Reply 14
Well i'd generally be impressed by a guy bringing flowers on our first date,but no roses pleases,that's so usual...And by this i don't mean i want orchids for example.Just something more unusual than rose would do,doesn't matter if it's cheaper than a rose.
To be honest, it's a first date, it can be one of those yes or no moments so i would say don't do it on the first date because it could be really awkward if the girl had decided that perhaps there wouldn't be any more dates. If there is a second date then perhaps pull it out then.
no..i'd think it's really cheesy and a little bit too full-on...but maybe other girls would like it..!
Reply 17
I think it's a bit naff, but that's just me!

This might give you something to think about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnrvt9UcqxQ
Time: 3:05 - 3:15

:rofl2:
Reply 18
nay -= way to keen / clingy! save it for later x
dimexi
Was just wondering - is it a good romantic gesture to give a girl a rose on the first date? Or you reckon it's too full on?

Girls - would you love to be given a rose on the first date

Guys - would you give a rose on a first date (come on, don't be cheap).

Replies from females would be appreciated.

Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's so cute. Do it! :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending