The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
dimexi
Was just wondering - is it a good romantic gesture to give a girl a rose on the first date? Or you reckon it's too full on?

Girls - would you love to be given a rose on the first date

Guys - would you give a rose on a first date (come on, don't be cheap).

Replies from females would be appreciated.

hahaha not gay
Reply 41
I think it's perhaps a little too much - one of those things you'd like to do, but know you shouldn't.
Reply 42
nay. plent of time for that after you see her having not scared her off. besides. best not to peak with suprises too early!
Reply 43
jaw
nay. plent of time for that after you see her having not scared her off. besides. best not to peak with suprises too early!

Most sensible post so far (not saying some of the others aren't).

Think I will leave it for now, if it all goes well then as you said, there is plenty of time for that shiznik!

P.S: To the guy/girl who said "no generic gifts" - dont you think a non-generic gift would creep her out? :p:
well,i do think it will be a nice gesture if you buys her some flower in the first date ,but not rose,as some others say,it's cheesy and outdated,and the more important,it's not the right moment of rose thing! so maybe you can pick some other flowers,it'll be sweet as well.good luck for you!
Reply 45
:colondollar: yes, do it!
Reply 46
It depends where you're going/what you're doing on your date. I'd be a bit worried that you'd give roses to every girl and be like gah its not like i'm any more special than them kind of thing? But I would think it was sweet at the same time too!
Reply 47
its adorable i love when my bf brings me flowers! x
Reply 48
I give you my ice lolly

you give me youur Burger

Reply 49
No thank you. Cringe much
Reply 50
mikeyd85
There is no discussion. A boy will be Dave, a girl, Davina.

Maybe that's why I'm single... :sad:

Haha, I am naming one of my sons after me as well Lachlan II, purely for the ego trip.
Reply 51
i love getting roses/flowers i think you should =) depends though becasue if you mett her then give it to her then go on the date, she might not want to hold it the whole time but if you sort of hide it in the car or something and give it to her at the end of the date that would be lovely =)
Reply 52
wow that would be ironically gay.
Reply 53
Hell no.

Treat them mean, keep them keen.
Reply 54
makinghistory
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Unless the guy was incredibly good looking, great personality and ridiculously charming with all the talents in the world and wearing a tux, I would think 'Awww bless him, in a little brother sort of way. He obviously hasn't been out with many girls on dates before, sweet but a bit full on and desperate as he barely knows me'.
Women are all wired different like this, one might think aw how cute I want to shag him, and the other might think, HE MUST BE A RAPEIST.

It’s too risky, but with risk comes great reward, but I’d just go for the standard universal methods, that I developed and are proven to work on every girl. :biggrin:

Kevin J
Hell no.

Treat them mean, keep them keen.
Plus this is just much more fun, dust off the ole pimp hand and let loose.
Absolutely not. Please, please pleeaase don't do it!
Reply 56
I think it depends on the person, the context, how well you know each other etc. It can be fine, but can also seem like a very cliched gesture.
Personally, I'd find it more thoughful if the person had made an effort in terms of remembering somewhere you wanted to go or similar.
Reply 57
I feel sorry for dimexi, genuine mixed bag of opinions!
might as well get your crown jewels out
Reply 59
QwentyJ
I feel sorry for dimexi, genuine mixed bag of opinions!

Tell me about it! lol

I wasnt even going to post but i thought I'd get a "second" opinion. Interesting to see the diversity of replies though.

I know she will like it, and I am picking her up at hers so she wont have to lob it around, but then I am thinking if the first date goes well then I will just get flowers sent to her house instead no?

P.S: I dont do that with every girl I date, this one just seems special... You know what I mean?

Latest

Trending

Trending