Which number do I call?! (Sainsbury's) Watch

inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I applied for a job at Sainbury's on Sunday, and today they've sent me a text and an email inviting me to interview. I've got to ring them up to arrange it but they've given me two different numbers and I don't know which one to ring. The one in the email is 0845 whilst the one in the text message starts with 0161... Which am I supposed to ring, or does it not matter? :redface: (I won't be calling from my mobile, if it makes any difference)

Any help is appreciated. And if you work for Sainbury's, what are they likely to ask me in an interview?
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
0161 one, it's much cheaper!

Edit: I had an interview at Sainsbury's. They just make you watch a video and answer the questions on there (very easy) and ask about previous work experiences and your clothes size.
AWSLC
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just ring either number it doesn't really matter, but the 0161 will probably be cheaper or even free (depending on your service provider).

As for the interview, I went there for a christmas temp position, and they just asked the usual questions like, experience, why you want to work for the company, what you can bring to the company, what would you do in this situation, etc. Mine was more of an informal chat as opposed to an 'interview'.
AWSLC
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kat2pult)

Edit: I had an interview at Sainsbury's. They just make you watch a video and answer the questions on there (very easy) and ask about previous work experiences and your clothes size.
Depends on which phone you are using, BT calls to 0845 numbers are now free on a lot of their plans :p:

But yeah, generally speaking 01/02 numbers are muuuuch cheaper

/nitpick
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by kat2pult)

Thanks, I'll call the 0161 number! That sounds good. Clothes size though... what an odd question!

(Original post by AWSLC)
Just ring either number it doesn't really matter, but the 0161 will probably be cheaper or even free (depending on your service provider).

As for the interview, I went there for a christmas temp position, and they just asked the usual questions like, experience, why you want to work for the company, what you can bring to the company, what would you do in this situation, etc. Mine was more of an informal chat as opposed to an 'interview'.
Thanks!

Sounds ok, then! Nothing too out of the ordinary. It's a night shift position but I'm after anything right now. :redface:
AWSLC
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by inksplodge)
Thanks, I'll call the 0161 number! That sounds good. Clothes size though... what an odd question!

Thanks!

Sounds ok, then! Nothing too out of the ordinary. It's a night shift position but I'm after anything right now. :redface:
Good stuff.

Night positions are good (a) because you don't have to worry about customers and (b) because you just stock shelves all night listening to music on the stereo system

People used to bring their own CD's in our branch too

Plus the pay is generally much much better :thumbsup:
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by AWSLC)
Good stuff.

Night positions are good (a) because you don't have to worry about customers and (b) because you just stock shelves all night listening to music on the stereo system

People used to bring their own CD's in our branch too

Plus the pay is generally much much better :thumbsup:
Yeah, it doesn't sound too bad. I'm worried about the sleeping patterns, though! :redface:

Just rang up. Interview is TOMORROW!!! :woo: Apparently it's the DVD thing so I'm just going to try and prepare myself now... eep
AWSLC
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, it doesn't sound too bad. I'm worried about the sleeping patterns, though! :redface:

Just rang up. Interview is TOMORROW!!! :woo: Apparently it's the DVD thing so I'm just going to try and prepare myself now... eep
Haha the DVD thing - it's sooo cheesy, if you have any ounce of common sense you will blast through it :-)
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by AWSLC)
Haha the DVD thing - it's sooo cheesy, if you have any ounce of common sense you will blast through it :-)
Well, I hope so. I really need a job! haha. thanks for the help. do you still work at Sainbury's?! :tongue:
AWSLC
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, I hope so. I really need a job! haha. thanks for the help. do you still work at Sainbury's?! :tongue:

Nope I was only there for Christmas You'll be fine, no need to worry

Good luck :grin:

[EDIT]: Typo
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by AWSLC)
Nope I was only their for Christmas You'll be fine, no need to worry

Good luck :grin:
Ahhh, I see. :tongue: Well I really hope it goes well :redface: gap year + no job = doom! :tongue:

Thank you very much. I think I shall post here tomorrow to share how it went.
AWSLC
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ahhh, I see. :tongue: Well I really hope it goes well :redface: gap year + no job = doom! :tongue:

Thank you very much. I think I shall post here tomorrow to share how it went.
How did it go?
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by AWSLC)
How did it go?
I think it went well, not sure about the customer service bit of the DVD... hope I just did ok, I did fine on the other bits unfortunately the DVD player didn't work and it took like 30 mins to get it going :rofl:!! it was both awkward and hilarious
AWSLC
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think it went well, not sure about the customer service bit of the DVD... hope I just did ok, I did fine on the other bits unfortunately the DVD player didn't work and it took like 30 mins to get it going :rofl:!! it was both awkward and hilarious
Lol! well I am glad it went OK - good luck for getting the job!
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by AWSLC)
Lol! well I am glad it went OK - good luck for getting the job!
hehe, thanks i hope i get it!
sophiejaderose
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
hehe, thanks i hope i get it!
hi i was just wondering how long it took them to get back to you on whether you had got it or not?i went for my interview earlier in the week and its driving me crazy not knowing! thanks for any help!
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by sophiejaderose)
hi i was just wondering how long it took them to get back to you on whether you had got it or not?i went for my interview earlier in the week and its driving me crazy not knowing! thanks for any help!
i went for my interview on a wednesday and I heard on Saturday. it depends when the other candidate is interviewed - I'm lucky that myself and the other guy were interviewed on the same day (and we both got a job... lucky us!)
NatalieMT
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I used to work for Sainsburys, on the checkouts. They must have changed the interview process since then. When I went they literally gave me a sheet of scenarios each with 4 outcomes and I had to choose the outcome I felt most appropriate and give a reason. They then just also asked about my availability and that was pretty much it. I think I had an interview on a Friday evening and heard back the following morning.

I only stayed in the job for a couple of months, despite the fact I did enjoy it. I became ill and unfortunately had to give up working, then a better paid position with less hours came along elsewhere and I didn't go back. Congratulations on getting the job though, I'm sure you'll have a good career there however long it's for, the banter was good during my time at Sainsburys and the hours seemed to pass quickly too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads