Uni Cards Watch

charleebobs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey!
I was just wondering whether anybody has received their email about applying for their uni card and sending a photo etc.
I was just curious as, I'm not sure about anybody else, but I start in less than a week and it just seems rather short notice.
Any replies would be useful =)
Charlee x
Christian_j
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It will almost definitely have gone to your spam inbox, as all correspondance from the University and accommodation inevitably does.

If you can add their domain to your not spam list, do, but they'll contact you at your uni e-mail from when you start anyway.

ID card info was sent out a good while ago so your email provider will probably have automatically deleted it after 2 weeks or so - as far as I'm aware though you can submit your photo when you arrive (they know the problem exists 'cause it's happened for years) but it might delay you getting a card for a few days which is a bit of a bummer, unless they do it while you wait now.
dances_with_lamposts
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if you log onto the portal you can upload it from there.
andreasms
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Does anyone know when we get our Uni cards?
It can be helpful if we got them as soon as we arrived..
insidevoice
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You can upload your photo via the applicant portal.
If you have problems you can contact the card office. Details at https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/universitycard/
dances_with_lamposts
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by andyms)
Does anyone know when we get our Uni cards?
It can be helpful if we got them as soon as we arrived..
I picked mine up today, but then I'm based in Derby and we've just started. I should think you'll get them when you start (as long as you've uploaded your photo in plenty of time).
Mr Snips
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dances_with_lamposts)
I picked mine up today, but then I'm based in Derby and we've just started. I should think you'll get them when you start (as long as you've uploaded your photo in plenty of time).
This thread is in the nottingham forum :p:
x_K_x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i got my uni card when i first arrived into my acc, they gave me my keys, my dinner card as it was a catered hall (jubille cam) and my uni card and sum other bits n peices. and when i went into my room there was a step to step guide on how to get your internet started...i had a couple of problems with that..i wasnt good at these stuff but lucky i had my bro hes a genuius. lol
xTazx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
LSE asked for it in the application, was trying really hard not to put up a picture up of my....
dances_with_lamposts
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mr Snips)
This thread is in the nottingham forum :p:
yeah, and im a nottingham GEM student. the course is based in derby for the first 18 months. :p:
Mr Snips
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dances_with_lamposts)
yeah, and im a nottingham GEM student. the course is based in derby for the first 18 months. :p:
Ah cool, sorry bout that. I'll rep you tomorrow for the misunderstanding
charleebobs
Rep:
?
Thanks guys for all you're replies, I think it must have been deleted by accident :|.
I've emailed the uni as I can't log in now haha to make it 10x worse =)
dances_with_lamposts
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mr Snips)
Ah cool, sorry bout that. I'll rep you tomorrow for the misunderstanding
hehe, no probs.
charleebobs
Rep:
?
(Original post by insidevoice)
You can upload your photo via the applicant portal.
If you have problems you can contact the card office. Details at https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/universitycard/
To log on do you use your personal email address and is the password the same as that to get on to webct??
I'm rather confused as to what info it is you have to put it - I've sent the uni an email but haven't got anything back yet so just trying to do as much as I can atm.
insidevoice
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by charleebobs)
To log on do you use your personal email address and is the password the same as that to get on to webct??
I'm rather confused as to what info it is you have to put it - I've sent the uni an email but haven't got anything back yet so just trying to do as much as I can atm.

The username for students is your email address as recorded in the University's student record system. This will be your personal email address that you supplied during your application. If you did not provide an email address the you should use your surname.

The password is your student id. (7 digit number, normally starting with a 2 or 4).

-iv
iSimon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do you know what sort of photo you have to send in for this - I didn't know about this, I'll try and do it tonight =/
Just any portrait photo of you?
charleebobs
Rep:
?
(Original post by iSimon)
Do you know what sort of photo you have to send in for this - I didn't know about this, I'll try and do it tonight =/
Just any portrait photo of you?
Yeah just like a pic of your head and shoulders I think - Thats what I did when I was eventually able to do it lol
Christian_j
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah I just took a picture of my head and shoulders and sent that in.

iSimon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ah ok thanks...all done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Fri, 13 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise