Can he not be bothered? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'd like some opinions. I'll also try to keep this to the point.

OK.

Boyfriend of almost a year. Met at uni; seemed like a very serious relationship. In vacations we usually keep in touch very regularly.

Summer vacation. We were together for most of it. He then goes on holiday to a remote place in Italy for 2 weeks.

I get no call, no text, no email for the entire time he's away. I didn't want to speak constantly (he's on holiday for god's sake) but I'd have appreciated one message to say he'd got there ok.

He sends me a Facebook message when he gets back, being entirely normal and saying he'll call when he gets home from the airport. No call.

He calls the next day. I confront him about the lack of contact. He gives me numerous excuses about phones breaking/no money/no internet in Italy/no internet at home and so on.

I've told him that it feels and looks as if he hasn't made the effort, ergo he doesn't really want to speak to me when he's got something more fun to do. Trust is damaged, etc, etc.

He says he can see why I'm upset and will do anything to prove he does care. I've said that actions speak louder than words.

Honestly, what would you think of all this?
lyneepooh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'd be pretty pissed too! you can only give it time and see what happens
iloveyou_xx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i think you should just give him a chance. i know you wanted contact while he was away and i would have done too. i would have been a bit annoyed about it. but he can see why you're upset and he wants to make it up to you. if he continues to be a bit half assed about contacting you then maybe think some more into it. but for now, just trust that he did have phone/internet problems out there and stop making it a bigger deal than it is.
wrappedups
Report 9 years ago
He cba.
If he did love you, he would have found a way.
Went through similar things with my ex...
Its 2009, theres always a way to contact someone if you really want to!
MikeL230
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Calm down woman. It's a man thing.
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think you're totally overreacting and should get the **** over it, rather than clinging to petty issues such as this and letting it ruin your relationship
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Perhaps he just wasnt thinking about it and was on holiday/being busy. It sounds like hes been mature about it and knows where he is going wrong so hopefully he will improve and make more contact now.
I wouldn't take it too seriously, holidays do strange things to people it seems like he really didn't mean it offensively or want to hurt you...
Emily069
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You do realise he's a guy right? They don't understand us! They aren't all needy and clingy like us! He probably missed you lots, they just can't communicate! Don't worry about it!

Disclaimer: I still love you, boys!
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
What.the.hell

So the guy goes to a remote village and your raggin on him for not contacting you?

Chill the feck out! A holiday is a holiday for a reason...
Skadoosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think clingy.
littlehobbit
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would be frustrated, but perhaps give him the benefit of the doubt, especially if he says he will make it up to you. You know what he's like having been with him for a year, so you'll know whether he's the sort of guy that will actually do this for you, to prove how much he really does care.
sprout.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think that he is probably telling the truth, that he had no signal, no internet, no facebook in a remote part of Italy. And that you are reading too much into it.
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think you need to back the hell off. Christ let the man have his damn space he has done nothing wrong. You didnt agree he would contact you.
Donnahh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by a_t)
I think you're totally overreacting and should get the **** over it, rather than clinging to petty issues such as this and letting it ruin your relationship
I'm a girl and I agree with this, don't let silly things ruin your relationship. It's obvious he wants to be with you if thats what you're concerned with, otherwise he wouldn't of been speaking to you now
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wrappedups)
He cba.
If he did love you, he would have found a way.
Went through similar things with my ex...
Its 2009, theres always a way to contact someone if you really want to!
:lolwut: what if someone is enjoying the remote environment and lack of contact with the outside world. I don't see why anyone should be glued to technology 24/7. You sound as bad as the OP and i am sure your bf is quite relieved to be rid of you.
Conspiracy of One
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What.the.hell

So the guy goes to a remote village and your raggin on him for not contacting you?

Chill the feck out! A holiday is a holiday for a reason...

:ditto:
nushii
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Give him a chance. It was in a remote part of Italy he probably didnt have good connection etc. okai he could have called when he came bak but was probably tired. He loves u and ur gna make something small something big, so pls dnt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads