Eh? Watch

bourney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Southampton are expecting my tuition fees by 02/10/2009, but student finance arent going to give me the money until 03/02/2010 and 05/05/2010. However, the payee is the University of Southampton, and the method is direct credit, so I was assuming that they pay the tuition fees directly into my account, and then Southampton take it out. This is what is happening with my Maintenance loan, Student finance are paying me a few days before Southampton take it out for accommodation.

Does this mean I've got to front the full £3225 by the second of october of this year? And then presumably student finance will give me the tuition fees loan over the course of next year?

Im really confused.
03swalker
Report 9 years ago
If you took out a Tuition Fee Loan it is paid directly to the university by Student Finance

The Maintenance loan is paid to you. You then spend it on what you want (food, nights out, accommodation etc).
bourney
Rep:
?
(Original post by 03swalker)
If you took out a Tuition Fee Loan it is paid directly to the university by Student Finance

The Maintenance loan is paid to you. You then spend it on what you want (food, nights out, accommodation etc).
Yeh thats what I though. But then why on my finance page on the Southampton internet portal, does it say that the due date for my tuition fees is the second october?
03swalker
Report 9 years ago
Perhaps SF haven't let the uni know how much of the tuition fee they are paying. Might be worth giving everyone a ring to find out. Especially the uni.
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It'll be fine. Student finance will pay it to the university, you don't need to worry about it. If you're really bothered ring the uni and let them know that SF will pay it the next day.
Fillette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bourney)
Yeh thats what I though. But then why on my finance page on the Southampton internet portal, does it say that the due date for my tuition fees is the second october?

Don't worry, it's what all universities say. They want them paid by 2nd of October unless you can provide proof of sponsor before then, i.e. financial notification and payment schedule letter from the Student Loans Company. So you provide these documents on registering, and then the tuition fee loan goes directly into the University's bank account in two installments: February 2010 and April 2010.
bourney
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fillette)
Don't worry, it's what all universities say. They want them paid by 2nd of October unless you can provide proof of sponsor before then, i.e. financial notification and payment schedule letter from the Student Loans Company. So you provide these documents on registering, and then the tuition fee loan goes directly into the University's bank account in two installments: February 2010 and April 2010.
Ah, that makes sense. So as long as I show them them proof that I actually have funding by the 2nd October, then they'll collect the money from Student Finance on the allotted dies. Good good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.47%
No - but I will (88)
7.63%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.05%

Watched Threads