The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Haha I know it's well weird!! I haven't firmed them yet, but I've applied for accommodation :smile: It's pretty awesome!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
I'm very likey to firm Birmingham (applied for Economics with German), depends if Exeter get back to me.

I've been told to apply for accomodation early...how early is early?
Is it worth applying for accomodation before i've even made my decision? :|
Got my offer a week and a half ago, so (hopefully) i shall be off to Birmingham 2010 to do Geography BA!
xxx
Anyone know what Jarratt Hall is like?? I need to apply for accomodation and its my fave so far, but just wondered what everyones opinion is xx thanks xx
Reply 64
Computer Science! :biggrin: Most probably gonna be my firm choice unless I get a better CO from Southampton which is unlikely. :biggrin:
Reply 65
pink_cait
Congrats :smile: Birmingham is lovely, Make sure you apply for accommodation early x

How early?
I'm in africa atm doing my gap year. Which is the best accom that's self catered?
Reply 66
I will most likely be firming Birmingham for International Relations :smile:
giran
How early?
I'm in africa atm doing my gap year. Which is the best accom that's self catered?

As soon as you firm choice it.

Not sure I can comment on what is best. Depends if you want ensuite or not :smile:
Reply 68
pink_cait
As soon as you firm choice it.

Not sure I can comment on what is best. Depends if you want ensuite or not :smile:

I would prefer if it I used ensuite.
Not to sound elitist or anything, but some people treat bathrooms like crap.
Hey!

I've applied for English to start in 2010 :biggrin: it'll confirm it as my firm choice once the other unis have finished putting up their decisions and I'm on a gap-year, so I've done the A Level bit already!!

Anyone else going to do English or something similar give me a shout :biggrin:

Also, anyone who knows what birm uni's accommodation is like i could really do with some help picking out what's hot and what's not - thanks!!

x
I have an offer to do chemical engineering next year...
I'm so excited. I love Birmingham so much. :smile:
I'm still waiting on a reply from Cambridge through - although I'd rather go to Birmingham even if I did get an offer...
betsydoodle
I'm still waiting on a reply from Cambridge through - although I'd rather go to Birmingham even if I did get an offer...

Birmingham > Cambridge :p:
Reply 72
Hey I need a hand with the accommodation application.

At Contact Details first asks for my Home Address (which is already filled in) and then for Next Of Kin Address which is mandatory and I don't know what to write there. Any advice?

And then there's Data protection - what's the purpose of it?

Please help!
betsydoodle

Cambridge rejected me so I'm firming Birmingham for definite. It takes away having to choose between Birmingham and Cambridge :biggrin:
Reply 74
icx
Hey I need a hand with the accommodation application.

At Contact Details first asks for my Home Address (which is already filled in) and then for Next Of Kin Address which is mandatory and I don't know what to write there. Any advice?

And then there's Data protection - what's the purpose of it?

Please help!

You cannot be serious!

Nobody applied for accommodation?!
icx
You cannot be serious!

Nobody applied for accommodation?!

Ive looked through and half filled in my accomodation form

my next of kin's address is the same as mine, because my next of kin is my mother.

i have no idea about the data protection!!
xxxx
Reply 76
Oh, now I understand. I didn't actually know what "next of kin" meant.

Seems like their online accomm website isn't working at the moment.
Reply 77
Got an offer for International Relations.. but pretty sure it's gonna be insurance
Ritho
Got an offer for International Relations.. but pretty sure it's gonna be insurance

Where do you want as you firm?
Reply 79
jelly1000
Where do you want as you firm?

I got an IR offer from LSE as well so I guess that's gonna be my firm. :smile: :smile:

Latest