Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For section B of the english exam, I answered question 4 about ambitions and hopes for the future..but I wrote it all in a jokey/slang way (no swearing though) just generally trying to be funny. Do you think I wouldn't do so well because I didn't use standard english? Also, I'm not sure if I "explained it" right... :confused: what did you have to do? What techniques. Arghh I'm starting to worry!

ReputationRep:
    it all depends on what type of marker you get. i mean in my mocks the other eng teahcer corrected my spellin of mom to mum becuase shes southern, so if you ge t a 60yr old trad english dude then prob not, but if you get a cool 30yr old then maybe, lol

i didnt do explain, describe i think is the best one to do to get techniques and hence marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StripeyGirl)
    For section B of the english exam, I answered question 4 about ambitions and hopes for the future..but I wrote it all in a jokey/slang way (no swearing though) just generally trying to be funny. Do you think I wouldn't do so well because I didn't use standard english? Also, I'm not sure if I "explained it" right... :confused: what did you have to do? What techniques. Arghh I'm starting to worry!
    lol dont worry. colloquial language is ok in the right context. i did the same question and added abit of humour to make it more light-hearted. explaining - well i just wrote about my dreams and ambitions saying what they were and why i had these, and then i just said how i could achieve them. im sure you did alrite. your the only one that did explain on here!! every1s done describe but my teacher said that the highest percentage do describe, but also the high percentage fail in it. so hopefully we're more safe with doing question 4!lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StripeyGirl)
    Yeah i did the same one as you and it's better to be funny/slang in the right context so ur not boring the examiner - i wrote a whole load of crap about how i wanna b a secret agent/spy! @ least it should make the examiner laugh! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the ideal career ? I'm hoping thats question 5, unless i crossed the wrong box !

ReputationRep:
    nah q5 was descride nightmare world, ideal career i think was 6

ReputationRep:
    lol thank god we're talking about a differnt exam :P Edexcel today

ReputationRep:
    lol ok!

ReputationRep:
    txt language is UNACCEPTABLE in English exam as our school had a talk from the Cheif Examiner and he said all boards punish!

ReputationRep:
    thats just lazy to write in text speak

did anyone write it in leet speak? please tell me someone did, that would so funny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    thats just lazy to write in text speak

did anyone write it in leet speak? please tell me someone did, that would so funny!
    What the hell is that?

ReputationRep:
    lol here is an example
    this is normal:

hello my name is martin bailey, and i did my english gsce today, and this in an example of leet speak hope you enjoyed this , lol

this is leet speak:

H3LLO mY N4Me I5 [email protected] [email protected], 4Nd I D1D my 3NGl1$H 9$c3 TOD4Y, 4nd th15 1N @n [email protected] oF L33T 5P34K HOpE J00 3NJOY3d THIs , L0l

ReputationRep:
    Back on topic..... the official stance from the exam board is that colloquialil language is okay in the right context, but thewy dont like it when you get too chatty

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.