Getting a job that fits around University Watch

hamzramz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi all

I am due to start university in one week. Being in Uni will cost a bomb. I was wondering, what types of job could I apply for part time while in Uni? I would be working mostly evenings and weekends.

Thanks.
Leighthesim
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Waitrose!!! they hire younger part timers for one evening and one day on the weekend, or sometimes night fill and stuff (night fill is usually 5-10 or 6-11 depending on branch) i am saturday night fill for now (2-10) till they have hired someone to do 5-10 then i will be doing 10-7 on saturday, If you can try get a sunday shift- (usually 8:30-4:30 depending on branch) as it is time and a half.
shel_b_ann
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You could apply for a job as a market research telephone interviewer! Loads of students work at the place I work at mainly due to its flexibility-the hours are non-contractual so you can choose when and if you work!
*starry_eyed_*
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Supermarkets are your best bet I think, shops too at the weekend. Also, have you thought about pub work?
lauren_lfc
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hamzramz)
Hi all

I am due to start university in one week. Being in Uni will cost a bomb. I was wondering, what types of job could I apply for part time while in Uni? I would be working mostly evenings and weekends.

Thanks.
bar work, retail?? Home Bargains!! they transferred me from liverpool to leeds last year when i started uni and id only been there a month. then transferred back 6 months later, they're good like that :p:
ma2k5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Supermarkets, are from what I heard - usually very demanding and make you thinking they are flexible. Besides, if you are anything like me, I refuse to work on weekends :P.

If you look, you can probably find a few offices, which will have hours of 4-8 or the such, monday-friday, which isn't too shabby.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
37.98%
No - but I will (53)
7.24%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (348)
47.54%

Watched Threads