A-levels in a year- Pending? Watch

llacerta
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Just a quick question. I'm doing Biology A-level in a year and so obviously haven't got either an AS or an A-level grade. On UCAS, do I have to put in the AS and A-level in separately as pending, or do I just do the A-level?

I've got a similar situation with English Lit, but we actually did the AS last year. The whole class is retaking the paper in January because no-one got above a C, and I'm also continuing on to the full A-level next June. Do I put in the grade I've already got in the AS bit and leave the A-level as pending, do I put them both as pending, or do I just do the A-level bit and not fill in an AS bit?

Thanks for any help! Positive rep will go to a very helpful answer.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This sticky thread answers all your questions: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=916162
llacerta
Rep:
?
(Original post by Good bloke)
This sticky thread answers all your questions: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=916162
I did have a look at that, but it sort of does and doesn't. With Biology, I still don't know if I have to put both the AS and the A2 as pending, or just the A2 as pending and not put anything down for the AS. And with English, it says that I have to put down my AS grade and also put it down as pending because I'm retaking a module, but do I have to do the pending AS grade if I'm taking the A2?

It's more about the A2s than the ASs.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You declare as pending whatever you are sitting in the future, which in your case is a biology A level and AS and the same for English. You also declare the existing grades for anything that is certificated, which would include the English AS (if certificated), regardless of whether you are re-sitting.
llacerta
Rep:
?
(Original post by Good bloke)
You declare as pending whatever you are sitting in the future, which in your case is a biology A level and AS and the same for English. You also declare the existing grades for anything that is certificated, which would include the English AS (if certificated), regardless of whether you are re-sitting.
Ah, okay. That's clear now, thanks very much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (146)
38.32%
No - but I will (21)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (186)
48.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise