Boyfriend refuses to add me on facebook! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anon in case he's on here and I'll try not to give too much information out.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 months and we see each other pretty much 5 nights out of 7. At the beginning we agreed not to add each other on facebook cos we decided facebook did more harm than good and he said if I added him he wouldn't accept me.

I can view his profile cos it's not private and when I was drunk with my housemates last week I went on it and added him. Yesterday he went on it and asked if I added him. And I said "Yeah. Are you going to accept me?" to which he replied "No. I don't accept anybody on facebook" (even though he has 300 friends, but he has no facebook wall and he only goes on it once a week) So I was like "oh. ok" and I didn't press it anymore.

My friends however are furious. They've said he's taking the piss, he should accept me, what's he got to hide etc? But I trust him so don't really see that much of an issue but the more I speak to my friends the more I am actually finding it a bit weird.

Do you think it is? Should I ask him to add me?
Jack Evans
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Don't listen to your friends....seriously don't. It's between you two and if you trust him then that's that....
......?
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's not an issue, your friends are facebook obsessed, imagine if your boyfriend didn't have facebook, how furious would they get then, literally vomiting at the idea of no photos of him to look at.
Flavity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To be honest, if you both trust eachother he should have nothing to hide, which means letting you on his fb.

But saying that, his profile is public you say - I don't see how adding him as a friend is going to make any difference if you can still view his profile publicly.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to appear 'In a relationship' on the fb relationship status bit...? If thats the case, then its a bit worrying.

Edit: Either way, your friends are being a bit drastic.
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
lolwut?

Oh no he doesn't wanna be friends with me on facebook, I'm gonna dump him!

Why is everything an issue?
Joluk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sounds a bit fishy, sure he has no wall? can't you set it so only friends can see it?

Makes you think he might be chatting up the ladiez behind your back, maybe not though.
Hubert Poo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Though people do have lots of different reasons for accepting and not accepting people, I do admit to finding this situation a little odd. Equally, I can't say anything you've said immediately makes me think he's obviously, necessarily got something nasty to hide per se, but that's not to say he's not hiding something. Saying he doesn't accept anyone and having 300 peeps on there seems a little off, not least the vehemence of the no. He appears reluctant to explain exactly why given how much it's been discussed, which again doesn't seem totally right.

Strange.
Skadoosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why does it matter that your friends are furious? It doesn't have much to do with them tbh. And anyway, he said he wouldn't add you from the start, so either you accept that or ask him about it?
Turdburger
Report 9 years ago
Sounds like only some stuff is visible to you and other stuff is visible to his friends and hes doing/saying stuff that he doesnt want you to hear.
Kevin J
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Some people take facebook way to seriously.
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you are okay about it, then you friends opinions mean little. Dont make then make you feel like you should be mad about it. All relationships are different so they cant really put there ideas of one onto yours. If you are okay with it dont worry about it.
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So facebook has ruined your relationship? Lol IRONY.
StaceyEmma
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's a bit wierd that he won't accept you, but it's only facebook.
Haft_Hasht_Shish
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kevin J)
Some people take facebook way to seriously.
This. And ignore your friends.
atheistwithfaith
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
******* facebook. Sounds like your boyfriend is one of these people who is sensible enough not to run his whole life from behind a facebook profile and yet your friends berate him for this...

Your friends sound like stupid facebook addicts who actually place facebook higher than real life social contact (which he seems to have a lot of with you). Whats the big deal.

punch your friends in the face
Gaara.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tbh if you trust him then the let the subject drop.
Maybe he doesn't like it when people plaster I LOVE YOU <3 OMG YOU ARE THE EBST etc on his facebook, because it looks retarded for everyone else who sees it, who knows.

But don't listen to you friends, its between you and him only.
Not having him on facebook isn't going to ruin your relationship, is it.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This is just weird. You'd be mental to make an issue out of it but it's a bit strange that he's so hesitant to add you. Crazy.
abrp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by a_t)
lolwut?

Oh no he doesn't wanna be friends with me on facebook, I'm gonna dump him!

Why is everything an issue?
because facebook is pretty much the only thing more official than a legal document!
Fazza123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you agreed not to add him, why did you add him?
Anyway, i find that odd. In the midst of the darkness, you will find the light!
Kellybaby
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I personally think it's quite strange, if it was me I would think he had something to hide! I know it's "just facebook" but why would you not accept your own girlfriend!?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (141)
38.42%
No - but I will (21)
5.72%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
48.77%

Watched Threads