Am I reading too much into this? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anon please because he uses this. I don't know whether I'm being too paranoid and letting my past experience influence me.

To cut a long story short about my ex, he completely screwed me over after a long and quite problematic relationship. I totally lost my faith in guys and that people could actualy like me- big knock to my confidence.

A fair few months later I fell BIG time for my very close friend, and he felt the same way and asked me out a couple of months ago. Its been great, he's so sweet and I really am crazy about him, I feel so comfortable around him and he treats me so well.
However recently we haven't been able to see each other as much due to the both of us having really busy lives. I miss him so much sometimes. Anyway he has a habit of being a little...quiet about his feelings (it took months to get the courage to ask me out) but he has mentioned recently that things "feel different" and that it drives him crazy not being to see much as much but then, and this is the bit i worried about he asked me if i felt the same way to which I said yeah, i miss you but he didn't like that and wouldn't tell me how he felt and refused to talk about it. Is this his way of saying he doesn't like me anymore or that his feelings for me have gone? He's lovely and I'm scared he's just trying to be really really subtle about ending the relationship...I just don't know.

Can someone offer me some advice?
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You're reading too much into it
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Should I bring it up that this is bothering me? part of me wants to but the other half of me says he'll interpret this as a hint that I want to break up..and that if he doesn't it'll be all tense
helz_91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think the best thing is to bring it up, and stress the fact that you're not hinting at wanting to break up.
Just be completely honest with him, hopefully it won't be so difficult for you due to feeling so comfortable in his company.
Honesty is the best policy, and asking straight out, is the best way to find out how he really feels.
Good luck ! xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed