Transfer to UCL Watch

ChemEng90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm currently at QM and wondering if UCL accept transfers? Is there anyone on this board who has done this in the past? (Transfer from UoL to UCL)

Forgot to add that I'll appreciate the help of those that have done this. Thanks.
thepinkpowerranger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm sure if they have space they do.

From my own experience last year I was a fresher at a different university and wanted to transfer to UCL. By email conversation I was told by the head of the department (for what I wanted to do at the time) he didn't have space for that year but would give me an unconditional for the following year if I applied by UCAS.

My advice would be to email the head of the department you want to transfer to and explain your situation, you'll get the best answer that way!
ChemEng90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thanks for the reply! Which uni were u at originally then?
thespirit
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
I'm sure if they have space they do.

From my own experience last year I was a fresher at a different university and wanted to transfer to UCL. By email conversation I was told by the head of the department (for what I wanted to do at the time) he didn't have space for that year but would give me an unconditional for the following year if I applied by UCAS.

My advice would be to email the head of the department you want to transfer to and explain your situation, you'll get the best answer that way!
I plan to transfer from Warwick to UCL 2nd year for civil engineering as well. ChemEng90, are you jst about to start 1st year at QM or you're in 2nd year? it's good to know there's people in the same situtation.

And thepinkpowerranger, which department are you studying now at UCL? Did you have to start from 1st year again or continue with 2nd/3rd year? I was told that the chances of 2nd year transfer is really slim, and i MIGHT have to start 1st year civil engineering at UCL if i were to transfer.

One of my friends asked the computer science dept admin tutor abt transfer from QM to UCL. He replied him stating that there are 3 main conditions:

1) You will have to meet their new/current A-Level entry requirement for the new intake.
2) The first year materials must cover the same materials as of UCL's with good grades.
3) The whole 2nd year cohort must have a vacancy if you were to transfer.

And that is why very few applicants are able to do so. I have already met the 1st condition for civil engr entry req. I just hope my current uni will have the same materials as UCL's. ):
thepinkpowerranger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was at Loughborough. I left after a month so I'm starting from scratch... I changed my course as well, to Mechanical engineering.
shadow12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bump?
glasses
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
is royal holloways/queen marys psychology curriculum similar to UCL because i plan on transferring soon
krissip0oh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by glasses)
is royal holloways/queen marys psychology curriculum similar to UCL because i plan on transferring soon
omg me too, i'm studying psychology at qm and i want to transfer to ucl
reemoka
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hello there... did you succeed in the transfer eventually ? wish you would reply. and if yes so please tell me what u did.
udunno
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i wanted to transfer from my university but was told the course was too full for a second year transfer, and the UCAS deadline had past for an application into their first year. Likely for me, a very similar course was available through UCAS Extra and my application for that got accepted.

So i think it depends on the availability and numbers of the course.

That said, you should obviously meet the course requirements and achieve a 2.1 or higher if you wish to transfer into the second year.
Ttutttu
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I missed the UCAS deadline, is it still possible to transfer to UCL civil engineering course???
angelinaquin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi i'm planning to transfer from warwick to ucl too and I'm a second year student. I don't know where to start and how it's going to work to be honest. I know you posted this in 2009 but i was wondering what you ended up doing. If you replied it'd be very helpful.
Roxana Ghenea
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I have a question when you first email them do you need to write a super long email saying you current uni, degree but also your reasons for transferring and you grades from your first year? I really need a bit of help and I would appreciate it thank you
gman999
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im doing mechanical engineering at ucl im in my last year. UCL does not do transfers. You can only transfer if someone drops out in the 1st year and even then most courses are over packed. Also you would have to resit your A levels to get the required grades along with that you would have to do your first year exams at your uni..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%