Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Gaara.)
I didn't know this was Language uni chat :getmecoat:
Sorry, I didn't mean to convert everyone

(Original post by elsa_89)
Hello.

How's that going? I want to get my French and Spanish (and English ) up to a good standard before learning a 'new' language; which will most probably be Swedish. Or German. So many languages, so little time. :moon:
This is oh so true. Next ones on my list are Breton, German, Hebrew and Hindi. I'm learning a bit of Swedish while skiving Arabic as well, it's quite cool. :holmes:.

(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
I have ordered my "Learn Hungarian" CD. Cambridge tomorrow.
Tarquin, why, oh why Hungarian?
Simplicity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by My Alt)
I avoided the swear filter
No you didn't.

P.S. Lol that chat in your sig. That is some messed up :snow::snow::snow::snow:.

P.P.S. Whats with the snow thing. I wonder if penis is blocked out or :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:.

Lol it seems regardless of word if you put a swear word i.e. :snow::snow::snow::snow: at the end of it it will become snow. Like stupid and then add the swear word :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:.

This is so fun.
ste0731
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
everyone learning two languages is mental. I struggle with english and anyone who speaks to me regularly has to get used to my "salford" language that involve a lot of made up words and very badly strung together english sentences xD

Theres a reason I do maths afterall
Anatheme
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ste0731)
everyone learning two languages is mental. I struggle with english and anyone who speaks to me regularly has to get used to my "salford" language that involve a lot of made up words and very badly strung together english sentences xD

There's a reason I don't do maths :ninja:
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

You don't really do maths, you just do counterstrike source
Swayum
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Anyone know where I can find practice questions + solutions on differentiation of functions of more than one variable (R^n to R^m type functions)?
ste0731
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maths is my side hobby! I count that as doing maths :cool:
Simplicity
Rep:
?

You could argue that we are learning a new language. Note, your English is not that bad.

About doing maths. How can you find timetable for exams? still haven't got that email and can't find it on blackboard. Have you done any revision?

You should see Ste playing counterstrike source, he actually really good at it. You should play it.

(Original post by Swayum)
Anyone know where I can find practice questions + solutions on differentiation of functions of more than one variable (R^n to R^m type functions)?
More than one variable, you mean partial derivatives?
I would give you my problem sheets, howevers its password protected. But, I just wanted to say that having solutions is bad. You should not look at the anwser, looking at the anwser is giving up.
Swayum
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
Well the derivative is defined in terms of partial derivatives, so in that way I mean partial derivatives, yeah.

As for solutions, it's just to check if I'm doing it right really/find faster or cleverer methods.
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
You should see Ste playing counterstrike source, he actually really good at it. You should play it.

I would give you my problem sheets, howevers its password protected. But, I just wanted to say that having solutions is bad. You should not look at the anwser, looking at the anwser is giving up.
I have more than enough other games to be getting on with I fear. If I'm ever plying an onlinee shooter or w/e it'll be TF2 anyway, much more friendly, and still uses source.

EDIT: I'm not surprised he's good, after 355+ hours. Have you added me on steam, theres a random bloke who has, but I'm not sure if its you.
Simplicity
Rep:
?
I have more than enough other games to be getting on with I fear. If I'm ever plying an onlinee shooter or w/e it'll be TF2 anyway, much more friendly, and still uses source.
More friendly, this is gaming not gay loving. But, still CSS is for real men, if you define real men as men who play CSS.

P.S. That should be the only game you should play, well Ste seems to be playing GTA all the time, like 24/7.
Simplicity
Rep:
?

EDIT: I'm not surprised he's good, after 355+ hours. Have you added me on steam, theres a random bloke who has, but I'm not sure if its you.
I don't know how to do that. You would have to add me, simplicity321.
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
apparently you don't exist
ste0731
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
LOL
I guess maths is a language as such.

I copied the exam timetable onto this thread a few pages back!!!!
Login to portal
click exam timetable
its there!

355hours of CS is a bit extreme xD Im still nowhere as good as I wish. Once my new mousemat and dual monitors arrive I should be even better It is quite funny shooting simps on regular occasions (Far too often for his own good )

As I said with GTA; To run the game you click open game which then opens a small little program called rockstar social games (When this is open; steam registers taht your in GTA4) Then on that screen you click play GTA. and then GTA loads and I play. when GTA shuts, this program (rockstar social games) is minimized to my taskbar. Hence im not on GTA4 yet steam recognizes that I am due to the way steam and rockstar are interlinked with each other (rather badly)

Spoiler:
Show
MATH10101T Sets, Numbers and Functions A 22-Jan-10 Renold Bldg. C2 59 9:45 AM 12:45 PM
MATH10141T Probability 26-Jan-10 Armitage Centre (Main Hall) 398 9:45 AM 11:45 AM
MATH10121T Calculus and Vectors A 27-Jan-10 Sugden Centre 244 9:45 AM 12:45 PM

apparently you don't exist

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018735765
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Chears
around
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

a) that random bloke would be me sorry

b) tf2 is very good

c) i play too much of it
Anatheme
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Swayum)
Anyone know where I can find practice questions + solutions on differentiation of functions of more than one variable?
Here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here and apologies if that's not what was needed :holmes:. Most of them are lectures, but as they give examples with (often) solutions, I'm assuming you can use them.
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by around)
a) that random bloke would be me sorry

b) tf2 is very good

c) i play too much of it
I don't play it as much as I could, I tend not to stick to one game for too long else I get bored. Driving games seem to be the sort of thing I spend most time on. You have the Orange box but have only played TF2? You should play the other two, Portal is excellent and HL2 was rated the best game of the decade by someone, can't remember who now. I'm still finishing HL1 at the moment.
around
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't play it as much as I could, I tend not to stick to one game for too long else I get bored. Driving games seem to be the sort of thing I spend most time on. You have the Orange box but have only played TF2? You should play the other two, Portal is excellent and HL2 was rated the best game of the decade by someone, can't remember who now. I'm still finishing HL1 at the moment.
I played Portal ages ago, when I first got it, it's just that I find single player games really boring because no matter what happens it's still just you vs a machine and if you don't win that's a sorry indictment. I tried to play HL2 but it made my old PC crash every time I tried to play it and see previous sentence.

I'm the opposite, I tend to buy a game and then play it to death and try to make it last a good 3-4 years. Cheap like that.
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by around)
I played Portal ages ago, when I first got it, it's just that I find single player games really boring because no matter what happens it's still just you vs a machine and if you don't win that's a sorry indictment. I tried to play HL2 but it made my old PC crash every time I tried to play it and see previous sentence.

I'm the opposite, I tend to buy a game and then play it to death and try to make it last a good 3-4 years. Cheap like that.
I suppose that probably works out quite well for you, not so much for me. I'm terrible for impulse buying stuff off steam and iTunes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?