The Student Room Group

Maths Uni Chat

Scroll to see replies

Well, that was fail.

Its like the mechanics question where weird as hell. Only could anwser one.

I hate physics, its stupid. Anyway, looks like I can get rid of the idear of becoming a applied mathematician as I suck at mechanics.

P.S. I'm really tired now.
I hope he liked my sketch of a terrorist shooting the bullet to blow up the helicopter, I was so close to drawing a little ash cloud and saying the helicopter crashed before the bullet hit it, therefore time of bullet impact was infinity :smile:

My helicopter was sadly not upto a very good standard and was facing the wrong way :biggrin:

I also somehow don't think writing "v=speed of bullet, H = height, therefore = the equation he told us to prove" will get me any marks.

Resits in August are going to be fun :biggrin:
Simplicity
Well, that was fail.

Its like the mechanics question where weird as hell. Only could anwser one.

I hate physics, its stupid. Anyway, looks like I can get rid of the idear of becoming a applied mathematician as I suck at mechanics.

P.S. I'm really tired now.

You are not the only one.

I only successfully answered B9 fully, and managed to get half an answer to B7, the other 2 were beyond me completely.

How did you find section A?
ste0731
I hope he liked my sketch of a terrorist shooting the bullet to blow up the helicopter, I was so close to drawing a little ash cloud and saying the helicopter crashed before the bullet hit it, therefore time of bullet impact was infinity :smile:

My helicopter was sadly not upto a very good standard and was facing the wrong way :biggrin:

I also somehow don't think writing "v=speed of bullet, H = height, therefore = the equation he told us to prove" will get me any marks.

Resits in August are going to be fun :biggrin:

Some marks for effort surely! I tried to use SUVAT on that question, naturally I didn't get anywhere, shame on me for using a-level techniques.

Oh and btw, the results are out in July!
ChrisKing
Some marks for effort surely! I tried to use SUVAT on that question, naturally I didn't get anywhere, shame on me for using a-level techniques.

Oh and btw, the results are out in July!

Any idea what date

I did think of SUVAT and thought yeh that'd solve them I'll use that, and then realised I don't actually know the SUVAT equations :eek3: So that plan didn't work out too well either :frown:

And i think my gun looked a bit like a penis, maybe he'll just think i've drawn a man holding a penis with a bullet coming outta it :eek:
ste0731
Any idea what date

I did think of SUVAT and thought yeh that'd solve them I'll use that, and then realised I don't actually know the SUVAT equations :eek3: So that plan didn't work out too well either :frown:

And i think my gun looked a bit like a penis, maybe he'll just think i've drawn a man holding a penis with a bullet coming outta it :eek:

Friday 9th July according to my emails so not long to wait now

Well if it makes you feel any better my plan didnt work out either and I somehow managed to work out that H=0 (meaning the helicopter was flying on the ground :cool:)

If linear algebra goes as badly as that next week, I might consider swapping to do a business degree or something...
Reply 4146
ned//
Human centipede was terrible. "100% medically accurate" lol, the tagline was funnier than the film.

Anyway so there's this game, whack a kitty:

In each round you have 30 seconds to hammer all the kitties, there are six of them so you can get six points per round max. The kitties become angry as the game progresses to it gets more and more difficult to knock out all six, hence you cannot improve your score from one round to the next.

There are six rounds so possible scores are:

6 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 6
5 - 4 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1
3 - 3 - 1 - 0 - 0 - 0

How many different sequences of scores are there?

Very similar question on last years BMO1 only, different story :cool:

Spoiler

ChrisKing
Friday 9th July according to my emails so not long to wait now

Well if it makes you feel any better my plan didnt work out either and I somehow managed to work out that H=0 (meaning the helicopter was flying on the ground :cool:)

If linear algebra goes as badly as that next week, I might consider swapping to do a business degree or something...

Hmm why dont I have this email?

Any idea when resit dates are? HOping they don't class with leeds fest! :eek3:
ste0731
Hmm why dont I have this email?

Any idea when resit dates are? HOping they don't class with leeds fest! :eek3:

11th May on the student emails? If you haven't got it PM me your email and I'll forward it to you.

23rd August - 3rd September are the dates (also apparently you get to see the paper in advance!)
jj193
Very similar question on last years BMO1 only, different story :cool:

Spoiler

Don't think so.

Spoiler

ChrisKing
You are not the only one.

I only successfully answered B9 fully, and managed to get half an answer to B7, the other 2 were beyond me completely.

How did you find section A?

Alright, but messed up with pertubations.

Like got x_0=cost

then forgot to differentiate it to get sin(t) to put it in the second equation. Yeah, I didn't spot it and yeah, that was noobish.

B9 wasen't that the path equations?

I only could do the potential one. Shame that I was reading the proof on B8, yet that was like a week ago and don't really understand it.
ChrisKing
11th May on the student emails? If you haven't got it PM me your email and I'll forward it to you.

23rd August - 3rd September are the dates (also apparently you get to see the paper in advance!)

Uh oh, hope its not the thurs/fri of first week :mad: Shall have to drop out in that case :frown:
Reply 4152
DFranklin
Don't think so.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Simplicity
Alright, but messed up with pertubations.

Like got x_0=cost

then forgot to differentiate it to get sin(t) to put it in the second equation. Yeah, I didn't spot it and yeah, that was noobish.

B9 wasen't that the path equations?

I only could do the potential one. Shame that I was reading the proof on B8, yet that was like a week ago and don't really understand it.

think i may have made the same error when i come to think about it

luckily i had read over path equations (and the proof he asked us to do) the night before so i was confident with that one. I done half the potential one, and probably made a lot more errors in between

hows linear algebra revision?
jj193

Spoiler

Yes :smile:
Reply 4155
Finished first year :biggrin:
mc gamma - can't touch this.
Gonna have to come up with a way to get rid of my emotional deficit.
Simplicity
10% for me.

But, hmm I plan to work next semester and get like 90+ in all exams. Just have to study it during the summer holiday so I know everything before going to lectures.

P.S. I don't much like yu gi oh 5d. It seems stupid. Tbf, the original series is still the best, can't beat the characters in it.

Ah, cool! :smile:

5D's is so much darker theme than the original series. GX is just lame.

Quick Reply

Latest