The Student Room Group

Maths Uni Chat

Scroll to see replies

Half hilarious, and half infuriating. The former because of the content, the latter because I didn't think of it first.
Reply 521
assmaster
You're posting in Maths Uni Chat. If you're not straight Maths, Simplicity will tear you a new one (especially if it's Economics you've split with).

Well, Swayum is the only person who isn't doing straight maths that is allowed to post in this forum.

Glutamic Acid
Half hilarious, and half infuriating. The former because of the content, the latter because I didn't think of it first.

If I didn't have awful grammar I would post my calculus and vector lecturer, his special move is doing random leg stretches during lectures.

P.S. I was reading the sets, numbers and functions course feedback sheet and somebody asked for more examples, but all he does is examples. Disappointing.
P.P.S. Chess is inferior to go.
Simplicity
Well, Swayum is the only person who isn't doing straight maths that is allowed to post in this forum.

This is hardly a dictatorship and anybody in reality can post - but this is a "maths uni chat thread...".

Pretty sure "My Alt" undertakes M&P so we have at least one counterexample to yet another one of your false claims.

[QUOTESimplicity]If I didn't have awful grammar I would post my calculus and vector lecturer, his special move is doing random leg stretches during lectures.

It is called walking - have you tried it?

Simplicity
P.S. I was reading the sets, numbers and functions course feedback sheet and somebody asked for more examples, but all he does is examples. Disappointing.
P.P.S. Chess is inferior to go.

I agree - you can ahrdly learn such important topics through examples - have you seen the opencourseware notes at Ox / Cambridge?
Reply 523
DeanK22
This is hardly a dictatorship and anybody in reality can post - but this is a "maths uni chat thread...".

Pretty sure "My Alt" undertakes M&P so we have at least one counterexample to yet another one of your false claims.

It is called walking - have you tried it?

I agree - you can ahrdly learn such important topics through examples - have you seen the opencourseware notes at Ox / Cambridge?

The problem is that its a slippery slope, soon maths and economics students then suddenly the thread is hijacked by economics students who don't know anything about maths. But, yeah as you said anybody can post in here.

I wasen't the first to point this out, but walking is fine but suddenly walking backwards for no reason is weird.

No are they any good? But, yeah do they do tons of examples at Ox? because I said that to the lecturer that you do to many examples and he said that most student will want more examples. Its a shame.
Simplicity
The problem is that its a slippery slope, soon maths and economics students then suddenly the thread is hijacked by economics students who don't know anything about maths. But, yeah as you said anybody can post in here.

Maths is a subject so anyone who does any maths modules at university will post here, not necessarily if they are doing a maths degree.

I dont do straight Maths either :p:
Reply 525
silent ninja
Maths is a subject so anyone who does any maths modules at university will post here, not necessarily if they are doing a maths degree.

I dont do straight Maths either :p:

I have looked at the so called maths people do in other degrees in the first year and its not maths.

stats, isn't that maths?
Reply 526
Simplicity

stats, isn't that maths?

You don't want to be overheard saying that around these parts lad.
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Who said I was a straight mathematician?

Is this your cryptic attempt at coming out of the closet? Finally!
^Lol, no.

Simplicity
I have looked at the so called maths people do in other degrees in the first year and its not maths.

stats, isn't that maths?

I take 2/3 of my modules in the maths dept...
Hedgeman49

ahahahahahahahahahahaha
Hedgeman, I think I love you.

HMK, I give up on who you are. Just dishhhhh.
TSR is making me paranoid, there was a guy in my tutorial yesterday who 'recognised' me off here, and now I can't stop thinking that every third year I walk past around the Maths department is you. Reveal yourself!
assmaster
ahahahahahahahahahahaha
Hedgeman, I think I love you.

HMK, I give up on who you are. Just dishhhhh.
TSR is making me paranoid, there was a guy in my tutorial yesterday who 'recognised' me off here, and now I can't stop thinking that every third year I walk past around the Maths department is you. Reveal yourself!

Lol, TSR can have that effect. Might be easier if you removed your pic on here. Could add you on facebook if you give us a link or something - then you know which evil third year I am :p:
assmaster

there was a guy in my tutorial yesterday who 'recognised' me off here

Did he announce in the tutorial that he recognized the assmaster?
So my 8:15 didn't happen this morning... oh well.
Reply 533
Hedgeman49

I also thought this, but decided to keep quiet...:rolleyes:
Reply 534
Can I be bothered to get to campus? Can I really?
estel
Can I be bothered to get to campus? Can I really?

No, I can't.
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Might be easier if you removed your pic on here.

Did consider this, then felt like a creepy old man talking to young students with no facial identification.

Could add you on facebook if you give us a link or something

I could add you on Facebook if you gave me a link.

IrrationalNumber
Did he announce in the tutorial that he recognized the assmaster?

Sadly not, he's not as cool as Edenr (who is currently on 600 cool points - very cool indeed).
assmaster
Did consider this, then felt like a creepy old man talking to young students with no facial identification.

Lol - thought you were a freshling or something...

I could add you on Facebook if you gave me a link.

Ok - will send you a PM in a sec...
v-zero
I also thought this, but decided to keep quiet...:rolleyes:

I just say what everybody else thinks.
Reply 539
IrrationalNumber
No, I can't.

Good night yestereve?

Quick Reply

Latest