The Student Room Group

Maths Uni Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slumpy
You'll be back. Just you wait...

Argh, I caved already. Forgot some people were still doing exams, sucks to be you guys. Plus I realised that I actually am still at university next year, doing a maths-related post-grad qualification... so that counts as 'Maths Uni Chat', riiiiiiight?
Original post by around
I am doing Part II, but this year there's just so much more to learn, and all the proofs seem so much longer and harder to learn.

learning the proof of mayer-vietoris right now, that's a monster.

That proof was set out when he was only twenty ... feelsbadman..
Reply 7582
Original post by assmaster
Argh, I caved already. Forgot some people were still doing exams, sucks to be you guys. Plus I realised that I actually am still at university next year, doing a maths-related post-grad qualification... so that counts as 'Maths Uni Chat', riiiiiiight?

Pfft, I left uni last July. I just still class as a student (according to my NUS extra card..), and I refuse to be anything but maths!
Reply 7583
I still can't quite believe I've finished.
Reply 7584
Went to CMS happy hour today for the first time ever (thought it would be a good way to round off being an undergrad) and proceeded to get slightly more drunk than I anticipated.

I also went up on the roof for the first time!
I am rather drunk. Kow I'm not a finalist but still.
This looks to be mostly Cambridge folk so might be pointless you answering. But any thoughts on first year compared to the other years? Just wondering how to read into my results.
Reply 7587
Original post by Slick Fosbury
This looks to be mostly Cambridge folk so might be pointless you answering. But any thoughts on first year compared to the other years? Just wondering how to read into my results.

I dropped 1% 1st to second year, and went up again to my first year result in 3rd year. Was much lazier in 2nd year, but did ok in coursework. Did a bit more work in 3rd year, but badly in coursework. But it was Cambridge, it that was relevant.
last exam today, finally.
Reply 7589
I'm in America. It's really hot.
Reply 7590
Original post by Slick Fosbury

Coming from Warwick, my marks dropped by 9% first to second year. I haven't had my third year marks back yet but I reckon it will be a similar drop. So yeah, it gets harder later on.
Less then 2 weeks till results :afraid:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App
Original post by cpdavis
Less then 2 weeks till results :afraid:

Good luck. Weird to think people haven't got theirs yet, I got mine on Monday! What is w/ Durham being so speedy? And I graduate on Wednesday. And my job starts... tomorrow! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?! angst etc
Original post by assmaster
Good luck. Weird to think people haven't got theirs yet, I got mine on Monday! What is w/ Durham being so speedy? And I graduate on Wednesday. And my job starts... tomorrow! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?! angst etc

That's very fast! Was your job conditional on your degree class? And giving results on Monday and making people graduate on Wednesday is bizarre - what about people who did worse than they expected, this doesn't give them a huge amount of time to come to terms with that...
Reply 7594
GOT 102.55% this year LOLOL
Original post by Hathlan

well done....lolcakes......meh....
Reply 7596
Original post by Hathlan

Congratulations that's incredible!
Reply 7597
Original post by boromir9111
well done....lolcakes......meh....