The Student Room Group

Maths Uni Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
nota bene
because I've failed to attend any tutorials for the courses in question.

Missing our version of tutorials is pretty serious at LSE and two in a row will really screw you over. Is there no such thing at Bath?
Swayum
Missing our version of tutorials is pretty serious at LSE and two in a row will really screw you over. Is there no such thing at Bath?

Durham has a scheme like that - its so they can pretend that they care about students mental welfare.
Swayum

They record attendance and will probably be sending angry emails at some point like 'GO TO YOUR TUTORIALS IT WILL BENEFIT YOU'. However, as I get very high marks on the problem sheets they see I do the work, so aren't as bothered. The tutorials aren't obligatory, but they will pretty much say 'tough luck' if you do badly and haven't handed work in, been to tutorials etc. There's no chance in hell they'll let you proceed into 2nd year with a marginal fail if you have bad records from tutorials.

What we do in our tutorials is going through last problem sheet (with questions/problems), getting hints if needed for the new one, and we can ask questions about unclear things from lectures etc.
Reply 804
I have been pretty good, really haven't missed anything and the only thing I did miss is C4 stuff.
I've just realised that I wrote that the integral of 1/(4+x^2) is 1/2 arctanh(x/2)+c instead of 1/2 arctan(x/2)+c in the exam I just had. It's really minor but it's deeply irritating.
I unfortunately got really ill so have only been to 3 lectures since the start of the term.
Reply 807
wtf, who doesn't like Cowley, he's so cute. (and an absolute fruitcake, although amusing, that thing with his daughter was so amazingly odd I couldn't bear it) Also V+M 2 sheet was an amazing sheet, I'm not kidding "piss easy," or so I told the college idiot who couldn't do it.

I agree with around on group actions as well, I got lost in all of Saxls definitions and then number of times he said "Let H be this and then lete H be that" or something of that nature was amazing.
Reply 808
Hedgeman49
I've just realised that I wrote that the integral of 1/(4+x^2) is 1/2 arctanh(x/2)+c instead of 1/2 arctan(x/2)+c in the exam I just had. It's really minor but it's deeply irritating.

Can we please change the thread title back?
Reply 809
DeanK22
I unfortunately got really ill so have only been to 3 lectures since the start of the term.

That sucks. What's wrong?
Swayum
That sucks. What's wrong?

Pig flu :oink:
Reply 811
Hathlan
Kudos to the title.

oi.
I found my pure supervisor's (a Fellow, not a graduate student) Facebook page, and I quote verbatim: "... wonders whether giving me so much gibberish to mark constitutes some kind of crime."
Reply 813
Glutamic Acid
I found my pure supervisor's (a Fellow, not a graduate student) Facebook page, and I quote verbatim: "... wonders whether giving me so much gibberish to mark constitutes some kind of crime."

Cowley has Facebook, and there's even a group dedicated to him on it.
I met Jos Gibbons at a talk yesterday - quite an interesting character.
around
Cowley has Facebook, and there's even a group dedicated to him on it.

Indeed - I've joined it.
Reply 816
Glutamic Acid
Indeed - I've joined it.

Well my Analysis lecturer is a classical guitarist: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spyros-Dendrinos/15916802409

Seriously, that's him.
Reply 817
v-zero
Well my Analysis lecturer is a classical guitarist: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spyros-Dendrinos/15916802409

Seriously, that's him.

You know adje?
Reply 818
reems23
You know adje?

Who, or what, is adje?
Reply 819

Quick Reply

Latest