Liberty Park Accommodation Watch

PindropSilence
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey.

Unfortunately I was one of the ones that missed out on on-campus accommodation for my first year, due totally to submitting a late application. However seen as there has been a increase in the number of undergraduates, quite a few missed out, and have been offered a place at Liberty Park in Coventry.

Just wanted to know if any of you current students know anything about it... If any of you have lived there or know someone that has - please share what it is like

It seems Warwick are trying to make this as good an experience as possible for the 145 (approx.) undergraduates as we will obviously miss out on the excitement of living in halls. They say they are going to try and group the undergrads together, which I guess will make it just as it would be on-campus, and we have been offered a free bus pass for the year to travel to the campus.

I would like to know if anyone has any views/experiences on Liberty Park before I make a decision... also as the cost is £92/week for a 44 week contract = a scary £4000, anyone who did live there... how did you manage shopping for groceries/social life etc., and did you have a part-time job?

Thanks
fpar
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im in liberty park to. Lets hope the weekday busses run late.
PindropSilence
Rep:
?
(Original post by fpar)
Haha.. one can only hope.

Have you contacted them yet?
fpar
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yh. They sent me all the paperwork, hopefully I can get it done tomorrow. They said something about limited spaces, any idea what happens if we're too late?
PindropSilence
Rep:
?
(Original post by fpar)
Yh. They sent me all the paperwork, hopefully I can get it done tomorrow. They said something about limited spaces, any idea what happens if we're too late?
They haven't sent me anything yet as I only emailed them at about 8:30 this evening. I'm gonna try and get it done and posted as quickly as possible once they do send me the forms though...

And if we're too late... well I guess that would mean the university would group such people and organise an off-campus house for them to rent... Just as is going to be the case anyway in our 2nd year...
fpar
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you want i can send you the forms as they are generic, if not you will receive them tomorrow by email.
PindropSilence
Rep:
?
(Original post by fpar)
If you want i can send you the forms as they are generic, if not you will receive them tomorrow by email.
That would be really nice

I'll PM you my email address.
fpar
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've sent them, its a great relief to see that im not the only one at Liberty Park. Is it ok if i add you on msn?
PindropSilence
Rep:
?
(Original post by fpar)
I've sent them, its a great relief to see that im not the only one at Liberty Park.
Cheers mate. Yeah I hear that, hopefully we get places and get to meet a whole lot of undergraduates.

When would you head down there? The rent starts on the 26th September.. I was thinking of going at the end of September/1st Oct so a few of us could head to the university during the official 'Arrivals Weekend'..
Cj-Tj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I had a second year mate live there, and a couple of mates lived there in first year. Just like halls really, not in the best area of Cov, but very very close to the bars and clubs. Security on site is fine, about 4 bloody locks to get through with your keycard before you get into your room though. Cheap pub across the road, and about 15 mins from uni. Sucks not to be on campus, but thats about as close as you will get to the campus feel. In many ways it might be better - your out of the god forsaken bubble that is first year!
PindropSilence
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cj-Tj)
I had a second year mate live there, and a couple of mates lived there in first year. Just like halls really, not in the best area of Cov, but very very close to the bars and clubs. Security on site is fine, about 4 bloody locks to get through with your keycard before you get into your room though. Cheap pub across the road, and about 15 mins from uni. Sucks not to be on campus, but thats about as close as you will get to the campus feel. In many ways it might be better - your out of the god forsaken bubble that is first year!
Yeah it looks like a fairly decent place, which isn't too far from the uni - so hopefully I get confirmation of a room I don't mind too much not being on campus anymore, there will be loads of undergraduates in that building from Warwick and also from the University of Coventry anyway, could get quite mad :woo:

Do you know of any shopping store nearby? A Tesco or Asda perhaps?
Cj-Tj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by PindropSilence)
Yeah it looks like a fairly decent place, which isn't too far from the uni - so hopefully I get confirmation of a room I don't mind too much not being on campus anymore, there will be loads of undergraduates in that building from Warwick and also from the University of Coventry anyway, could get quite mad :woo:

erm....... Morrison's is closest but not within walking distance. Tesco next to campus might be easier? There a small shops close, but no major supermarkets.
Kolya
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fpar)
They run to either 1150 or 0030 - I can't remember which. However, there's a taxi rank by the union if you need it.

(Original post by fpar)
I don't know where Liberty Park is exactly, but there is a decent-sized Sainsbury's (open to 8pm during the week) and a Tesco Express (open to 11pm) in the town centre. If you stay on the #12 on the way back from uni then you'll end up in the bus centre, which is right outside Sainsbury's.
Explorer Dora
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Morrisons is really not in walking distance, if you are carrying anything more than a bag full of shopping. There's a small corner shop opposite the Ramada hotel, which has basics in. And the tesco express in town is quite good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.76%
No - but I will (98)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (607)
47.65%

Watched Threads