Inverter noise on PS2. Watch

SomeonecalledJohnny
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I've just installed a PS2, Pioneer 7'' P6400 Motorised In Dash Widescreen display with an Optional DAB tuner, 2x Blaupunkt underseat subs and I'm picking up alot of interference on both the Audio i.e crackling and thru the video noise on screen, I've tried grounding the RCA cables and using a In line noise reducer but they don't seem to work.

Plugging in an ordinary dvd player however and it's crystal clear, oddly I did notice the PS2 has a plastic ground pin and the DVD player a proper conductor pin.

Any ideas apart from using a Syn Wave inverter rather than the box wave one I currently have?

I realise that I could just use a DVD player however it's got slightly more bulk than even the original "fat" PS2 I'm using.

Another question would be where can I mount the DVD or PS2?

I have an Octavia 2000MY BTW if you have any ideas, under the seat isn't possible as VW decided to use a central metal bar as a runner on the seats, it was a struggle to jam the subwoofers under in all fairness.

Any suggestions appriciated.
Cj-Tj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SomeonecalledJohnny)
I've just installed a PS2, Pioneer 7'' P6400 Motorised In Dash Widescreen display with an Optional DAB tuner, 2x Blaupunkt underseat subs and I'm picking up alot of interference on both the Audio i.e crackling and thru the video noise on screen, I've tried grounding the RCA cables and using a In line noise reducer but they don't seem to work.

Plugging in an ordinary dvd player however and it's crystal clear, oddly I did notice the PS2 has a plastic ground pin and the DVD player a proper conductor pin.

Any ideas apart from using a Syn Wave inverter rather than the box wave one I currently have?

I realise that I could just use a DVD player however it's got slightly more bulk than even the original "fat" PS2 I'm using.

Another question would be where can I mount the DVD or PS2?

I have an Octavia 2000MY BTW if you have any ideas, under the seat isn't possible as VW decided to use a central metal bar as a runner on the seats, it was a struggle to jam the subwoofers under in all fairness.

Any suggestions appriciated.
Surely you thought of that before spending money?
ieo91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Playstation 3 is out you know?

EDIT: When will you use this? surely not when driving...
estel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We have a set up like this in the car, primarily for loonngg journeys. I don't believe we experienced this issue though, I'm afraid. I also think you'd be better off asking tech
SomeonecalledJohnny
Rep:
?
Because I wanted to and I already had a PS2?

I have a PS3 but it's not going to work on a 7 inch screen is it!?

Especially with a 150W Inverter.

And because I wanted to....

Just because you don't want one in your car, STFU.
DaneC
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Personally I would take the whole system out of the car and try it in a place known to be interference free, and add the components to it step by step until the interference reappears.

Also, what are the underseat subs like? Surely with the lack of depth I imagine they would be pretty pathetic. Get rid of one and stick a slimline PS2 in there?
SomeonecalledJohnny
Rep:
?
(Original post by DaneC)
Personally I would take the whole system out of the car and try it in a place known to be interference free, and add the components to it step by step until the interference reappears.

Also, what are the underseat subs like? Surely with the lack of depth I imagine they would be pretty pathetic. Get rid of one and stick a slimline PS2 in there?
Underseat subs are as it says on the tin a Subwoofer under both the front seats. Blaupunkt I believe they are 12 inch drivers... and they do a good job of tuning up the base on a system compromised of only 2 sets of 6.5'' component speakers.
SomeonecalledJohnny
Rep:
?
Fixed the problem, the PS2 doesn't have a ground pin but rather a plastic pin instead of a conductor on the plug.

Grounded the actual PS2 and now it isn't grounding itself through the RCA wires!

Happy days.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads