Induction kit on TDi? Watch

SomeonecalledJohnny
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Now I know it's pointless putting an induction kit on a 1.2 Corsa etc.

But an Intercooled Direct Injection Turbo Diesel Engine?

Surely that would be benefical?

More air into the turbo?

I've heard the A4 Platforms intake is pretty well designed and a induction kit would offer little but many people have put the R32 DSG intake on the TDi, would there be any benefits?
TheGimpMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SomeonecalledJohnny)
Now I know it's pointless putting an induction kit on a 1.2 Corsa etc.

But an Intercooled Direct Injection Turbo Diesel Engine?

Surely that would be benefical?

More air into the turbo?

I've heard the A4 Platforms intake is pretty well designed and a induction kit would offer little but many people have put the R32 DSG intake on the TDi, would there be any benefits?
typing out the name of the engine in full doesn't make it any better, just sounds a bit more sciency to tools like you.

if you want more power give the engine a good clean using your garden hose and some soapy water
EDIT: while it's running - you won't be able to effectively scrub off the dirt yourself.
DaneC
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
More air in the turbo lol! Don't bother. Get someone who knows what they are doing to remap and turn the boost up if you really want more power.
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do what you like. It's not like this is a serious thread anyway...
You just seem to get bored periodically and find a new section to troll. This week it's motoring? Next week... who knows?
Cj-Tj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I thought I replied to this, hope my message wasnt deleted by a mod!

Anyway, I'll put what I wrote first time round;

"No, buy a better car."
olly_springs
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cj-Tj)

"No, buy a better car."
I second this comment. Why spend money doing something up which in reality is ****. You'd still be driving a **** car, just one that makes loads of noise and runs a bit quicker.

It's so much cooler to drive slowly in a nice car than drive like a nob in a **** one.
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cj-Tj)

"No, buy a better car."
Yes, you did. You've been edited!

But, for what it's worth, i'll third the comment!
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cj-Tj)

"No, buy a better car."
Fourthed.

PS Just get rid of the air filter, and fit a snorkel 10ft out of the bonnet, loads of air into the engine then!
SomeonecalledJohnny
Rep:
?
Buy a better car?

That is such a childish thing to say, if a Octavia was truly a **** car then why has it been top of the JD power surveys for many years beating even Lexus?

A Vauxhall Corsa is a ***** Car.
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lexus is hardly a brilliant brand now is it.

What is the point in spending thousands potentially uprating the Octavia, when prestige cars with loads more power at an all time low. You can get high spec, high performance Jags, BMWs, Mercs for less than £4k now. All of which have whacking great big engines in and will trounce the Octavia every time.

It just doesn't make sense to modify. There is still no replacement for displacement...and displacement is cheap right now.
Cj-Tj
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Buy a better car?

That is such a childish thing to say, if a Octavia was truly a **** car then why has it been top of the JD power surveys for many years beating even Lexus?

You misunderstand me, Im not saying its a bad car, but its not designed as a racing machine which is what you seem to be trying to turn it into. Its designed as a cheap family run about, occasionally going on motorways. If you have a family of 2 kids it might be the perfect car. If you want a hot hatch by a Focus RS or something.
Steveo92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Buy a better car?

Some one just spat their dummy out.
SomeonecalledJohnny
Rep:
?
Im 18, I cannot afford £4758.37 to Insure a 740i

or £5370.63 to insure a 330Ci

or even £3306.01 to insure a Mercedes 190E 2.6

A bloody Octavia 1.9TDi is £1104 for me to insure with a years no claims, no accidents, no endorsements, in a low risk area!

It's ok to say these things especially people like JC but your all 20+ and have had your licences for many years and NCBs!

I've been passed 15 months and I passed a week after my 17th birthday and haven't as much as scratched a car.

Ideally I'd like a 190E Cosworth but it's not going to happen.
Steeps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm 22 and I cannot afford to insure a 911.
Cj-Tj
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its the same for everybody. Stop whining, your doing my head in. Either do it, and see how long it lasts, or buy a better car in the first place.

Im 20 and cant afford to insure a F430.
simeon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
At 18 you probably wouldn't be able to afford the insurance on a modded Octavia so your point is moot.
jaw
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by simeon)
At 18 you probably wouldn't be able to afford the insurance on a modded Octavia so your point is moot.
the man raises a good point right there..
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im 18, I cannot afford £4758.37 to Insure a 740i

or £5370.63 to insure a 330Ci

or even £3306.01 to insure a Mercedes 190E 2.6

A bloody Octavia 1.9TDi is £1104 for me to insure with a years no claims, no accidents, no endorsements, in a low risk area!

It's ok to say these things especially people like JC but your all 20+ and have had your licences for many years and NCBs!

I've been passed 15 months and I passed a week after my 17th birthday and haven't as much as scratched a car.

Ideally I'd like a 190E Cosworth but it's not going to happen.
try Adrian Flux or Sureterm.
jaw
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't know how/why everyone seems to get good quotes out of flux; they've never been able to do a thing for me...
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Really!? When I was looking at insuring the Westie, a 210bhp car, Group 20, was £700 for me. I am only 22 with 2 (3yr old) claims!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (191)
39.63%
No - but I will (29)
6.02%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (229)
47.51%

Watched Threads