managed to point my domain name from 123 reg to blogger, but there's a problem... Watch

schoolstudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
when you search my domain name in the URL, it does redirect to my blog...problem is, the name in the URL changes to the URL of my blog, and this includes the word "blogspot".

this is ugly and unprofessional
is there any way i could change this so that my purchased domain name stays in the URL, but my blog still comes up?
darkraver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sounds like you've configured your domain to redirect to your blog URL. And not properly set up DNS settings. I suggest you read the URL Ape posted.
schoolstudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
got it sorted finally.
most of what i'd done was ok...

the only problem was that a guide told me to choose "non-framed forwarding" in my 123-reg control panel. i did this...when i checked it again later and read the descriptions of framed/non-framed, i discovered that framed forwarding was what i was after.

thanks for your advice...i'd probably have got that fixed far quicker if i'd done what you suggested and taken some pictures of what i'd entered into 123 reg control panel, and then posted them here and asked for help. i would've done this, but i was worried about giving away who i am.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads