Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any1 hav any revision advice for engl exams where u dnt know what texts u'll get?
    Ive got an edexcel eng lang/lit exam on wed where u have 2 write ur own peice of creative writing imitating the style of the text they give u.
    But uv no idea what text they are goin 2 give u so its really difficult to know what or how 2 revise. Any help??????
    If ne1 wants advice on ne other english probs (text analysis, The Merchant's Tale or Translations) im happy 2 help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fooish*87)
    Any1 hav any revision advice for engl exams where u dnt know what texts u'll get?
    Ive got an edexcel eng lang/lit exam on wed where u have 2 write ur own peice of creative writing imitating the style of the text they give u.
    But uv no idea what text they are goin 2 give u so its really difficult to know what or how 2 revise. Any help??????
    If ne1 wants advice on ne other english probs (text analysis, The Merchant's Tale or Translations) im happy 2 help
    My advice would be to practice imitating different styles and look at past papers. Practice is also good for training yourself to answer the question in a set amount of time!

ReputationRep:
    I guess you just have to practice lots i.e. find a bit of text and write something imitating it. Try to vary what you look at, for example get something out of a broadsheet newspaper one day, then a bit of gothic lit the next. It'll be dull (well I hate creative writing but maybe its not dull to you) but im not sure what else you can do and I think it will help. For my synoptic exam for lit I've been practising by finding say a poem and an extract from a novel on roughly the same topic, finding some context and then writing about them, because thats similar to what I'll have to do in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    thanx 4 advice have been doing revision along those lines. Done gothic, thriller, couple of Diary extracts and letters so suppose ill jst have to carry on! its so boring but really need the B to get into eng and german at warwick

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 10, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.