Anyone else still waiting on student finance? Watch

old_skool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
i sent my application off in april...and my parents sent their application off 14th july by recorded delivery

i still haven't heard anything from them apart from an email which i received on the 9th september saying they haven't received my parents application yet and that if they don't get it soon then i will get the minimum finance, and that if they had already sent it off then i should ignore the email. They said they will process my application in 28 days - i move out in less than 2 weeks

this is a pisstake...i know of people who have applied in august..and have been sorted out

anyway..just asking is anyone else still waiting to be processed?

i know there are loads of people not sorted out yet..but from reading the posts on here..everyone has heard at least sommething..most people have a payment schedule (even if it the money hasn't come yet when it says it should have) or have been asked to sign a loan declaration form or SOMETHING

i've got nothing at all so far
OldDan
Report 9 years ago
Me.

Sent 12 Aug, and to be honest I don't expect anything until October/November.
MonkeyMajik
Report 9 years ago
I applied around March for SF for my firm. Ended up getting into my insurance and sent off the change of circumstances form immediately. Still waiting for them to give me the new payment letter although I have a feeling it won't come until after I start uni....
manwithaplan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Same I havn't heard either, Sent off back in May.
And coincidence - 14th July is my birthday
Addy88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I sent it all about the same time and was only told a few weeks back that I need to send a different type of evidence which I did over a week ago and now been told they have received it but they wont be processing it for a couple of weeks and again like you I move in just over a weeks time

Last year it was soo simple
G50
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Probably half the country. After they sort everyone out this year, they ought to get disbanded, and then the old system should be put back in place.
Tam_Diman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Waiting for them to send me a letter confirming they've changed it to my Insurance, apart from that, all's well... :holmes:
4_sophia
Report 9 years ago
Yes, over here!!!:itsme:

Sent the paper work off because cos they got my Dad's income wrong, even though we sent off papers to prove his income and now I'm £1,300 down at the start of term! Thank you SF!!!!!!! I am now on basic which leaves me £3 down on accomodation...
old_skool
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4_sophia)
Yes, over here!!!:itsme:

Sent the paper work off because cos they got my Dad's income wrong, even though we sent off papers to prove his income and now I'm £1,300 down at the start of term! Thank you SF!!!!!!! I am now on basic which leaves me £3 down on accomodation...
at least you've heard something back from them :P even if it is wrong
4_sophia
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by old_skool)
at least you've heard something back from them :P even if it is wrong
Well, that's something!!!!

I'll think about that when I'm starving and haven't got any money for food... Or when I want to buy books and have -£3 in my bank account! :p:

No but seriously, I'm lucky my Mum and Dad can afford to help me out until it gets sorted...
old_skool
Rep:
?
i hate how they process people who applied in AUGUST before the people who have applied before that

it even says on the student finance website

Application Processing

Applications from mid to late August are currently being processed.

b*******
steadmusic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by old_skool)
i hate how they process people who applied in AUGUST before the people who have applied before that

it even says on the student finance website

Application Processing

Applications from mid to late August are currently being processed.

b*******
I Sent my last stuff in august but no word back yet?
But after what you said, i shud be gettin my stuff soon =)
old_skool
Rep:
?
(Original post by steadmusic)
I Sent my last stuff in august but no word back yet?
But after what you said, i shud be gettin my stuff soon =)
2 of my friends applied middle/late august and were sorted out last week

Major Spoiler
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm waiting for the thing I'm supposed to sign. It wouldn't have been done in time if I hadn't got my MP involved. Even now, they haven't looked at my CO1 form which means my loan is still for the wrong amount.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I just checked my account and it's been altered with the CO1 form. Good times. If you're still waiting I advise you to get your MP involved quickly. It seems they prioritise your application if they have MP's on their backs.
_Shanice_
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Basically they've got a back log and if you applied late you won't here anything until probably November at the earliest to be honest. I'm really surprised that I had no problems, so I don't know if it's because I was applying for finance for the 2nd time?? Not that I'm complaining, it just seems rather strange to me that's all.
Heaven-Ly
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm over the moon. I keep logging in and out coz I can't believe it !!!!! Applied 5 August and this evening status changed to "Approved- awaiting signature"...

Roll on registration.

To all those waiting, good luck. I'm sure all will be well. Also, use this number 0141 306 2000. No waiting whatsoever! Spoke to a lovely Scottish fella.

Good luck!
R£SP£CT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Got the loan stuff sorted, but just waiting on the grant. Damn they take so long!. Their system is messed up!. :rant:
Heir-Head
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Heaven-Ly)
I'm over the moon. I keep logging in and out coz I can't believe it !!!!! Applied 5 August and this evening status changed to "Approved- awaiting signature"...

Roll on registration.

To all those waiting, good luck. I'm sure all will be well. Also, use this number 0141 306 2000. No waiting whatsoever! Spoke to a lovely Scottish fella.

Good luck!
You have just made many enemies on TSR.
icantw84uni
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
theyve only asked for my passport evidence and mums income...what im confused about though is if i bother with my tuition fees..

warwick want it in before the 5th...do i jus leave it because student finance will pay it direct :s

i called

they were no help!

please quote
Venom123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Process is sooo slow.

I sent off passport and P60 togther and a nice little cover letter to say whats included - they sent back the passport in a timely fashion.
Thought okay no probs they'll get that sorted soon enough.

3 weeks later results day - gained a place at university sent of Change of circumstances.

They recieved 2 days later changed on the system. I check if they've processed parents information after a few weeks - still no update WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads