Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So tonight is the last night of my first year at uni, and it's so sad. I've already been crying a bit and I'm sure tonight after alcohol induced fun I'm going to be an emotional wreck.

Im so sad to be leaving the halls. It's an emotional day because a whole year at uni as passed, and I've had such an unbelievably wicked time that it's enough to make anyone cry.

I'm not going to see some of my best friends, people who I've spent like 16-20 hours a day with constantly since September, for 3 months. And I'll only be living with a select few next year, so it's just never going to be the same. I'm never going to have another 'first year at uni.'

Anyone else ending tonight? And are other people feeling like such an emotional wreck like me?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sad. I mean, I'm really looking forward to living in a house, but, I don't want to leave halls.

ReputationRep:
    I still have 3 weeks left of my 1st year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    I still have 3 weeks left of my 1st year...
    This is your 3rd first year, isn't it? I'd imagine you're used to it :P

ReputationRep:
    I came home on Thursady. I was well sad to leave but am really looking forward to living in a house next year.

I'm a bit different cos while most people's closest friends are those they live with, my closest friends are on my course and its them that I'll be living with next year. I'll miss my hall mates, but nothing like I'll miss my coursemates.

ReputationRep:
    I've got to make friends all over again as I have a year abroad :eek: I'm scared. And my loan (full one) doesn't cover the cost!

ReputationRep:
    Luckily this is my second time at Uni. I know that I had a wicked time in my first year 30 years ago (as I have had this year), but that even though I felt sad at the end of the year, the second year was the best of the years I had. First year was great but a lot of time was used on finding my way about campus, making friends, exploring new city etc.. Second year I'd friends, knew where I was, understood the systems etc.. Third year was the hardest. Enjoy this coming year. It was the best I had and the one I'm most looking forard to.

I also remember being totally bored during the summer holidays. Luckily being an ancient one I have family to look forward to spending time with.

If you thought your first year was great, honestly the second year is fantastic.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.