ECG/Echo Questions Watch

Intensity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
For those of you who have had this done (especially at their GP)..

-Was it your doctor that did them, or a nurse?
-Girls: Did you have to take your bra off? Did they say why?
Did you get a gown that opens up at the front?
-Where exactly do the little sticky things go?

-And..um..... I've forgotten my last question :o:
eden
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
- a student nurse and another one came to do it
- i already had a gown on, and bra off (i was in a+e, so not entirely what you want), opens at the back.
- the sticky things went in lots of places. some were under breast - the nurse just er moved it and stuck it on where she wanted it. think there was some on my leg/ankle perhaps? i really cant remember but they were dotted all in various places.
eden
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
- a student nurse and another one came to do it
- i already had a gown on, and bra off (i was in a+e, so not entirely what you want), opens at the back.
- the sticky things went in lots of places. some were under breast - the nurse just er moved it and stuck it on where she wanted it. think there was some on my leg/ankle perhaps? i really cant remember but they were dotted all in various places.
Grotbag
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
- I've had both do it. It is usually a nurse though, which is preferable as so many Dr's seem to struggle with them as they don't do them regularly.

- Again, I've had both. It's easier without for them though because of the positioning of the electrodes on your chest.

- No gown necessary, just top half off.

- 6 on chest, 1 on each arm/leg.

One suggestion - don't use moisturiser on the day you have it done. The electrodes won't stick well.
Explorer Dora
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A Nurse did mine at the GPs surgery - she was really lovely and it wasn't embarassing at all. Had no gown, with all my upper clothing removed and the electrodes were one my wrists, ankles and all around my chest.
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mine have all been at hospitals. Usually just top off, bra stays on. Although my doc in Germany had me remove my bra, but I have my suspicions that wasn't for medical purposes.
Sticky things on your chest, wrists and ankles. It's over in about 2 mins.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads