The Student Room Group
Reply 1
1) The same as a single subject MSc (generally 4 years).
2) No.
3) You generally do the same number of credit points per year as someone studying a single subject degree, but for obvious reasons may have to do some slight extra reading to achieve a broad enough understanding of both subjects- although it will be nowhere near double the workload.
4) No.
5) Not from me.
Reply 2
I did a maths and physics degere, it was good and bad.

Bad because i missed some usefull stuff in first year (i caught up tho) and the maths was really hard. DO NOT DO IT if you havnt done further maths (my school didnt offer it) unless you really are a genius and want to do a maths degree and cant get in cos of having no further maths (you can change to maths in your first week, thus avoiding that sticky entrance requirement)

Good, cos i didn't end up doing a maths degree, i changed in my second year to physics.

Personally i wish i did an Engineering degree. Unless you want to become an invetment banker (which you can do with an engineering degree anyway) you can't do much with a physics degree, i want to make things!

mostly extra workload consists of less Lab time, in my experience in first year we just did no option courses and replaced the physics maths courses with nice hard maths ones. It is harder, but not by a lot. I say go for it, unless you dont want to do investment baking, or would like a choice to do it or not.

Latest