Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Any one do WJEC today?

What did you think of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by langleyster)
    Any one do WJEC today?

What did you think of it?

was bare easy, i got an A which is all the better seen as i ballzed up the first paper. the section a questions were bloody easy, wrote a couple of pages of good quality for all 3, and 2 pages each for the letter and review...

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

I did it today too.

I alternate between thinking I did pretty good on Section A to thinking that I failed miserably. I think the truth is probably a happy medium. My answer to A4 was so rambly and more than a little disjointed.

Candida Crewe was a bit irritating and I hated having to write The Spin Doctor instead of a real name. :-P

In my letter I wrote that I disagreed with the congestion charge idea and pretended the council wanted to introduce it in my city. I directed my letter to the local newspaper and asked for them to highlight the problems with it for their readers.

I reviewed the book The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides for B2. That went OK but I think my tone was probably a little more formal than it should've been. I tried to rectify it by throwing in a reference to the film, saying that you should read the book if only because the title will shock your parents, etc so the examiner knows I appreciated who the intended audience was meant to be.

How was it for you?

To the above poster, I wish I could be as confident as you. Wow. I don't dare to predict grades.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you total Lottie and i felt the same as you especially calling him The Spin Doctor!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lottie)
    In my letter I wrote that I disagreed with the congestion charge idea and pretended the council wanted to introduce it in my city. I directed my letter to the local newspaper and asked for them to highlight the problems with it for their readers.
    I did a similar thing, but about the new pay-as-you-drive tax that's going through parliament at the minute. I wrote the MP for the constituency where I live, who is also the Labour Party Chairman.

I thought that it was quite a good paper overall, especially the writing tasks. The reading questions weren't that difficult, but I found that I was over-running on each answer because there was so much to write, especially about the Top Gear article.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a relatively easy exam and sad as it may sound, quite fun
    Particularly the review- I did Kid A by Radiohead

Michael

ReputationRep:
    Think I did good except for A4
    Was a little confused
    can anyone say what kind of thing they wrote for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mullabc.02)
    Think I did good except for A4
    Was a little confused
    can anyone say what kind of thing they wrote for it?
    if u read the question it told u to compare language, layout, tone etc..

ReputationRep:
    I thought all the A questions where confusing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thermoregulatio)
    Tthere was so much to write, especially about the Top Gear article.
    I agree. However, I found I had to stop myself from writing too much or straying from that actual question with the Top Gear article. I think my answer for that question was far longer and a lot better than my answer to the two on Candida Crewe's article.

I was also a bit confused about A4 so I rambled. I never know when to use quotations and when I should just refer to the text, make judgements, etc. But hey, no more English exams to worry about!

(Original post by Starsailor)
    I did Kid A by Radiohead.
    One of my friends did Amnesiac.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was ok, but I still felt I didn't do as well as I should. For B, I wrote a letter complaining about how cars caused lots of pollution, accidents, how the county's health would get better if things were done about it etc. For B2 I wrote a book review about The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.