External Entries???? Watch

sohaibahmad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey, i finished a levels now, but got ACCD, wanaa do medicine, i think i can get A in chem with resits, my friend suggested Urdu A3 (AS & A2 in a year) and with that i would have A in maths, Chem, and Urdu.My college have stopped doing old A2 resits because the spec has changed, but that's unfair to us, because ppl have always done it but we're not allowed because the college doesn't want to. so i have 2 options:

my teacher said to look for External entries for OCR exam, like i just go the exams in Jan 2010. but i don't know which centres allow this. can anyone name some in Yorkshire?

or i could do AS & A2 in Biology, since i'll only be doing biology, i think i'll be able to handle it, the college once again, isn't allowing it. so does any one know of any colleges or private centres which allow this? preferebly in yorkshire.

Thanks guys, hope you can help me, i need to know as soon as possible, bye.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sohaibahmad)
Hey, i finished a levels now, but got ACCD, wanaa do medicine, i think i can get A in chem with resits, my friend suggested Urdu A3 (AS & A2 in a year) and with that i would have A in maths, Chem, and Urdu.My college have stopped doing old A2 resits because the spec has changed, but that's unfair to us, because ppl have always done it but we're not allowed because the college doesn't want to. so i have 2 options:

my teacher said to look for External entries for OCR exam, like i just go the exams in Jan 2010. but i don't know which centres allow this. can anyone name some in Yorkshire?

or i could do AS & A2 in Biology, since i'll only be doing biology, i think i'll be able to handle it, the college once again, isn't allowing it. so does any one know of any colleges or private centres which allow this? preferebly in yorkshire.

Thanks guys, hope you can help me, i need to know as soon as possible, bye.
AQA publish this list of schools that have accepted private candidates in the past. Most schools use a mixture of awarding bodies for different subjects so any of them might be able to help. All you can do is start phoning and ask to speak to exams officers. Be very prepared with as much info as possible (which spec, exam unit codes, your unique number, etc) because you are asking for a favour and they will not want you wasting their time.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/...ND-CENTRES.PDF

Doing a complete a level will be tricky if it requires assessed coursework or practicals, you'll be lucky to find a centre that will accept private candidates for that. If you have family or contacts you could stay with in the London area I think that North London College does.
http://www.northlondoncollege.co.uk/examreg.html

I am assuming that Urdu is a second language for you. Unis can be very funny about languages as evidence of academic achievement when it's your first language. Do check with the Unis you plan to apply to that they will accept it as part of your offer (check their web sites and email them).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.4%
No - but I will (66)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (401)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise