Turn on thread page Beta

I did want this as the Campaign Against Newbie Scum (CANS), but the mods hated the idea.

So. Most of us are normal, non-annoying members, who enjoy nothing more than witty banter on the great issues of life. What this society campaigns against is those posters, often new, who join entirely to post threads about meaningless crap that sink without a trace. These people should be removed, and soon.

We exist, mainly to undermine them, but aren't as harsh as being entirely against them.

Any more members? And seeing as the Campaign to Halt Ambiguous Threads has CHAT badges, I'll have to find one of my own. If anyone can post one, that'd be great. What acronym would we use?

ReputationRep:
    hehe i really love the name

ReputationRep:
    Very funny... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    how do you define when someones a newbie and when their not?

If they're new.

Can anyone make me a badge, preferably with the initials of the society?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.